24

Five's POV

My blood was boiling with savage rage flowing through my every fucking vein. Ever since I met Zachary, I'd been treating him like he was my brother. I cared for, hired, befriended, and trusted him with my life. In return, he'd been lying straight to my face, lusting after my woman. I inhaled deeply, trying to combat my towering anger. I swear I wanted to put a fucking bullet in his goddamn head right this second. But I couldn't do it. Not like this. Not in front of Y/n. She was watching me, pale and trembling, and despite also being furious that she hadn't mentioned there was something between her and Zachary, I couldn't do anything to her. I loved her too deeply even
though she'd hurt me.

"Get out of my sight," I hissed, grinning my teeth.

"Five," Zachary spoke, his tone apologetic, but I cut him off.

"Im your fucking boss. You should never have forgotten that." I said, low and cold. "Now get the fuck out of here. Don't make me kill you."

"Boss, please let me explain," he pleaded, but with every word coming out of his mouth, I felt sick. The image of him trying to kiss my fiancée flashed before my eyes.

"Get. Out," I deadpanned. "And don't come near my fiancée or me. You're fired."

Zachary breathed out heavily, glancing at Y/n, and despite it being just a fleeting glance, it made me sick to my stomach, and I was seething. He walked out of my place, not saying a word, not looking back. I closed my eyes, I hailing and exhaling several times before I gazed at Y/n, watching me with her hands shaking and eyes welling up with tears. I hated it. I hated seeing her like this, but I was also hurt and furious that she didn't tell me about Zachary.

"Speak," I ordered. I hated myself for being so cold toward her, I couldn't fight it. The rage was stronger than me.

"I wanted to tell you, Five. I swear," she whispered, looking at me apologetically.

"Then why didn't you?" I hissed.

"I don't know. I thought it wasn't important." Y/n rubbed her temples. A single tear dripped down her sweet cheek.

"Tell me now. Everything."

Y/n let out a heavy sigh, swallowing hard. She focused on the vase in the hallway or just the wall. I was so numb I couldn't tell. "Zachary was my first boyfriend."

First boyfriend?

I clenched my teeth as I shook my head, eyes closed briefly. I was jealous. Fucking jealous. He was her first boyfriend, so he had her first kiss. He gave her her first butterflies. He had her love first. And if what they say about first love was true, she had never forgotten him.

Y/n cleared her throat before speaking, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I was sixteen. It was just before I feel into my coma. Zachary came to California with his father after his mother died of cancer. They moved from Australia, and my father hired Zachary's father as a gardener. Zachary visited his father often, helping him. My father eventually hired Zachary as his errand boy, driver, or whatever was needed. Somehow, we started chatting, hanging out together until he finally kissed me."

"Enough," I hissed, turning to the side. I couldn't Liston to this. I was picturing Y/n, my woman I lost my head for, kissing a man who I considered my friend. It was too painful for me. Maybe if they had told me about it right away after the first time they saw each other at the hospital, I wouldn't haven been so pissed off. I would understand. After all, it was before I met Y/n, and she had every right to have a past. I wouldn't care. But the fact that they both kept it a secret was like a stab in the back. I couldn't help but be suspicious that maybe they still had feelings for one another. Otherwise, why would they keep pretending they were strangers? But what turned the tide for me was Zachary trying to kiss Y/n. "I don't need details. Why did you break up?"