𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘭

CHARLIE SWAN WAS 18 WHEN HE HAD HIS FIRST CHILD, then 2 more children when he was 23 and 24.

After having their last child, him and Renée had decided to get a divorce. And a few months after, Charlie had got his oldest and youngest children, the mother keeping his middle child away from him, unless the child decided otherwise.

Charlie never told his kids their mother gave them up, not wanting it to ruin their image of her, Renée on the other hand had filled Bella's head with twisted lies and hateful words about her father and siblings.

Causing her to stray further away from the three.

Of course, it had hurt the young father, knowing he would never be able to have a bond with his middle child, but his 2 other children quickly filled that dark abyss in his soul.

Growing up, Aurelie and Andrew were tied at the hip, the two going everywhere with each other, doing everything with each other.

Wherever you saw one sibling, the other would be right behind them.

And when the two grew older, their bond never faltered, as the two were going into their teens, Andrew being 19 and Aurelie coming to 14, she'd just gone through puberty, and everyone at her school had noticed.

Especially the boys.

And since Andrew had graduated top of his class at the age of 17, he could no longer protect his little sister from creeps at school, or the ones who hung around outside the school.

But the older brother had finally had enough when his little sister hadn't come home until half past midnight, tears in her eyes and practically shaking to the bone.

The girl had told him she had been followed and corned by a group of older kids from school, the kids hadn't got far but managed to grab at her and snatch her top before running off when one of her dad's colleagues found her.

Andy was physically shaking in anger, his blood boiling, but his father sat him down and told the boy he'd take care of the girl. Charlie wanted his kids to grow and be better than him, which the kids thought was absolutely ridiculous, considering their father was the kindest, most thoughtful and generous man they knew.

But still, Charlie had insisted on Andy going to college, seeing as he had the grades and opportunity to get into any college he wanted, the man wanted his son to take that chance.

But Andy refused, of course, he knew his father could take care of Aurelie, both males being protective of the young girl, but still, Andy wanted to join the police force.

And after a while of persisting, Charlie finally caved in, and in 3 months, Andy had finally gotten a badge.

Usually, it would have taken longer, for Charlie, it took the man 9 months, but Andy was smart, quick and a fast learner.

Plus the department was in need of new hires, but that's besides the point.

Aurelie on the other hand, well the girl was a handful, Andy being the calm and collected child, well Aurelie was the complete opposite.

The girl was always making jokes at the wrong moment, laughing in the worst moments and always, always getting herself into some kind of trouble.

Hell, one time she was just in trouble for being around.

Well, at least she'll claim she never touched those matches, or threw them onto her sexist coaches lawn.

But deep down, Aurelie was just a sweet girl, slightly broken in some places, haunted, but she was a sweetheart.

And even though she hadn't known her sister, except from the things her father told her, which he also made up, not knowing much about the girl, Bella only visiting once a year for 3 days and then leaving and going back to no call or text. Aurelie was excited when she found out her sister would come to stay with them during the year.

Renée and her new husband, Phil, going on the road so Phil could pursue his dreams of being a baseball player, and Bella not wanting to travel along, the mother decided she would have Bella go and stay with her father and the other kids.

Bella was reluctant to go at first, but she soon realized it was either that or always be on the road.

So the girl picked going to stay with her father and siblings, and she'd soon realize that it would become one of the best choices she's made, at least in her opinion.