0.4. '𝘪 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦'

THE SWAN FAMILY ALL SAT IN THE LITTE DINER NEXT TO THE WINDOW, a bunch of people coming up and introducing themselves to Bella, who they haven't seen in years.

"How's it feel Isabella?" Andy asked, a bitter tone in his question, "you're the talk of the town."

"Andrew." Charlie smacked the boy on his head, silently telling him to be nice to his little sister.

The boy rolled his eyes as he turned to his other little sister.

"Aurelie, are you alright? You haven't said a word since we got here."

The girl just nodded, still lost in thought.

And the only thing being on her mind was the blonde, golden eyed boy.

"Do you? Trust me?" Jasper asked the girl to which she immediately nodded, not even realizing her own actions.

The blonde simply smiled, noticing the mate bond wasn't only affecting him, but also unknowingly affecting the little human.  

"You haven't given me a reason not to trust you." Aurelie spoke softly as Jasper stared down at her, mere inches between the two. In the cold air, the two could see each other's breaths up close.

Jasper analyzed the girls' face, from her soft eyes that held a smile, telling you how happy the girl was, to her nose which scrunched up every time she had gotten cold, then finally to her rosy lips, that were slightly parted, as if waiting for the boy to swoop in and capture them with his own.

"It would be safer for you to stay away." Jasper whispered softly, and he realized that, soon enough, this mate bond will cause him to blurt out the secret he and his family have kept from humans for so long.

"If you hadn't noticed, I'm what you would call a 'trouble-maker', so, if you want a challenge, go ahead. Try to keep me away." Aurelie didn't know why she felt this way to someone she had just started talking to, of course, she had seen him in the hallways from time to time, sometimes in the back of her class.

But, unlike the rest of the school, the girl hadn't fallen head over heels for the boy, at least not without knowing him.

And that was something that just made Jasper fall deeper in the rabbit hole.

"You have very beautiful eyes, Ms. Swan." Jasper smirked while Aurelie blushed, the red hue apparent on her cheeks.

"I could say the same for you, Mr. Hale. Gold is a rare color."

"Oh, there-"

"Contacts?" Jasper nodded at the girls' statement, not being able to find the word, the 'lie' he would have told the girl.

"Well, Ms. Swan, I believe you are in need of a study session." Jasper smirked at the girl who sighed, rolling her eyes playfully, "I am your assigned tutor after all. We can't have you failing your junior year after all."

Jasper paused before looking at the girl, "how is it that you're 16 and in your junior year?"

Aurelie paused, and so did Jasper. When the girl's brows furrowed, he was aware of his mistake, "how did you know I was 16?"

"Lucky guess?" The blonde attempted to sound confident in his answer, but the statement came out more as a question.

"Ah, so you are a stalker, Mr. Hale?"

Jasper let out an airy laugh, his nerves fading away.

"I might just be, Ms. Swan, hence why you should stay away." Jasper spoke in a playful tone while Aurelie shook her head.

"No, no. I mean, I'm honored, the king of the school, stalking little ol' me? Tell me, Mr. Hale, was I your first target?"

"Darlin', you're the only one."

'Shit.' Jasper thought, 'It slipped out, what if she thinks I'm some sort of weirdo now? Well, technically, I am.'

"Alright, I can tell you're overthinking over there." Aurelie put her hand on the boys' clothed shoulder, both shivering as they felt a small electric shock run through them, to which the girl quickly pulled her hand back.

Leaving Jasper feeling empty again, wanting nothing more than her hands on him again.

"Study session?" Aurelie asked, looking up at him. "When did you want to do it?"

Jasper shook his head, ridding his thoughts, "how does tonight sound?"

"Sounds like you'll probably be wasting your time." Aurelie smirked, "you're like the 5th tutor I've had in this semester, and considering it just started, you probably won't be around for long either."

Jasper smirked, leaning closer to the girl, backing her up against the tree once more, this time, his hands on either sides of the girls' head, "luckily for me, Ms. Swan, I do love a challenge." The blonde smiled, mocking the girls' previous words.

"Uh, I have a study session tonight." Aurelie told her brother and father whose heads snapped up at her, disregarding the bites they were just 2 seconds away from taking of their food.

"Oh, dear lord, bless the poor soul who has to tutor you." Charlie sighed, jokingly as the young Swan sent him a playful glare.

"Whose the unfortunate kid this time?" Andy asked, as Bella picked at her food.

"Jasper Hale."

All 3 heads at the table snapped up at the girl once more, causing Aurelie to wonder if any of them got whiplash from how fast they lifted their heads.

"Jasper Hale? As in Dr. Cullen's kid?" Charlie asked the girl.

"Oh, well then, good luck to you." Andy smirked, kicking the girls' leg, to which she returned, kicking him at least 5 times harder, causing him to wince. "I'm just saying, kid seems like the type to force you to sit there and actually do your work. Maybe now you'll actually get your grade up."

"You know the Cullen's?" Bella asked her sister who turned to her with a smile.

"Not all of them, just Jasper. The history teacher assigned him as my tutor since I was late today." Bella nods, and goes back to eating as the other 3 Swans conversed, talking about their day.

Aurelie leaving out the fact her tutor also happened to shamelessly flirt with her throughout the time at school.