Ch-2

It was Monday!

Huang Jiayi stood outside the bustling gates of Neo Uni, her heart fluttering with a mix of excitement and apprehension. The sun cast a warm glow on her face as she took in the sight of the sprawling campus before her.

Unlike her homeland, Seoul was foreign to her, but education beckoned her here, as did her longing for family.

She adjusted the strap of her backpack, feeling a surge of nerves as she stepped through the gates. As she walked along the path, her eyes darted from one face to another, trying to find a familiar one. But the sea of unfamiliar faces only added to her sense of unease.

She clutched the envelope containing her class schedule tightly in her hand, hoping it would guide her to her first destination.

Jiayi tried finding her way to the Engineering building, with a very intimidating energy, the chatter of students filling her ears. She could feel the energy in the air, a mix of ambition and determination.

This was the place where dreams were forged, where knowledge was gained, and where she hoped to find her own path.

She walked to find the building. She groaned

‘I feel like I'm in a maze!’ 

The ones whom she caught looking at her immediately snapped their heads because of her glare. As she walked, she heard whispers about NCT, a name that echoed through the campus walls.

She didn't care about the hushed conversations that floated around her as she was stressing out, unable to find her building. But whatever the whispers were about, she had made a pact with herself to not be involved in such miscellaneous things and focus on her studies.

10 minutes!

And atlast! She found the building. She went straight to the building administrator to ask about her classroom. After getting the information, she made her way to her class. She reached her class and entered it and boy! As soon as she did, the students looked at her which they regretted as all she gave was an icy death glare.

As she scanned the classroom for an empty seat, her heart sank when she realised there were no seats near the window.

‘well, sh!t sherlock’  she thought to herself as there was only one spot available – right next to a boy who seemed to be unbothered by the noise in the class and he also looked kinda intimidating which didn't bother her.

As Jiayi took her seat next to him, she felt the stares she was getting. She looked around and she spat “what are you looking at?” which made the students find her even more scary.

The boy, who had dark black hair and honey-like skin seemed oblivious to the attention he garnered. He leaned back in his chair, casually twirling a pen between his fingers. Jiayi wasn't bothered by his presence at all, infact, she was nonchalant.

"Hey there, new face," He said, grinning at Jiayi. "I'm Haechan. I don't think I've seen you around before. Freshman?"

Jiayi turned her head to Haechan and nodded. "Yes, I just transferred here. Huang Jiayi.”

Haechan's eyes lit up with recognition. "Huang? Any relation to Huang Renjun?"

Jiayi raised her brow with curiosity. She hadn't expected her brother's name to come up so soon.

"He's my older brother" she replied, trying to gauge Haechan's reaction.

Haechan chuckled, seemingly amused. "Well, well, small world. Renjun is a good friend of mine. We go way back."

‘why didn't he tell me his friend would be in the same course as mine? Wouldn't have had trouble if he had told me.’  she thought.

While keeping her composure, she smiled. "That's interesting. I didn't know my brother had such well-connected friends."

Haechan smirked, leaning closer. "You'd be surprised by the things your brother can do. But don't worry, I won't drag you into any of that. We're just classmates, right?"

For no reason, Jiayi felt some kind of dark aura radiating off of Haechan but she could care less as she wasn't less than the aura he gave off.

She was determined to focus and not to let his presence distract her, but as soon as the professor began the lecture, it became clear that staying focused would be a challenge.

Donghyuck's restless energy seemed to radiate off of him in waves. He fidgeted in his seat, constantly tapping his pencil. Jiayi felt her frustration building with each passing minute. She knew she had to say something to him.

"Excuse me," she said, her voice laced with irritation. "Could you please try to be more attentive? I'm trying to listen to the lecture."

Donghyuck looked at her, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did I disturb your precious learning experience? Maybe you should've picked a different seat then."

Jiayi clenched her fists, feeling her anger rise. "I had no choice. This was the only seat available. But I expect you to show some respect and consideration for your fellow classmates."

Donghyuck chuckled sarcastically. "Respect and consideration, huh? Well, I'll make sure to remember that when I'm out causing mayhem and chaos."

She scoffed and went backher focus at what she was doing- well, atleast tried to.

And I thought I could be friends with him’  she whispered to herself while rolling her eyes.

Jiayi wondered how she was going to survive an entire course sitting next to this infuriating individual.

How we liking the plot till now?Ngl, I cringed at myself while writing this🗿I have nothing to writeDOODLES!🎀

Ngl, I cringed at myself while writing this🗿
I have nothing to write
DOODLES!
🎀