Ch-5

Home!

After returning home, Renjun and Jiayi settled into their respective tasks.

Renjun busied himself in the kitchen, the tantalizing aroma filling the apartment. He chopped vegetables with practiced precision, his mind focused on the task at hand.

Meanwhile, Jiayi retreated to her room. She locked her room, checking it a few times so that Renjun doesn't come in. She sighed in relief and swiftly walked to her cupboard and took out a medium-sized black bag.

Taking out some blades, she carefully inspected her fighting blades, the polished steel with a print '' reflecting the soft glow of her desk lamp. A mix of emotions swirled within her as she contemplated her hidden secret.

"I'll be dead if Renjun finds out about these," she whispered to herself, the weight of the blades in her hands a constant reminder of the risks she had taken.

She knew Renjun would be furious if he discovered that she still kept such dangerous weapons.

Jiayi stood in front of the full-length mirror, determined to keep her secret hidden. She had just finished securing her blades in their specialized pocket, a custom design that ensured quick access and optimal concealment.

With practiced precision, she tightened the straps around her torso, ensuring the blades stayed securely in place.

Once satisfied with the fit, Jiayi reached for her oversized black jacket, its dark fabric swallowing her lithe figure. She slipped her arms into the sleeves, feeling its weight settle comfortably around her.

The jacket was more than just a fashion choice; it served as an effective camouflage, hiding the lethal arsenal beneath.She adjusted the collar to cover the lower half of her face.

"This should do" she whispered to herself, satisfied with her disguise.

As she stepped into the living room, she caught sight of Renjun in the kitchen, his attention focused on the sizzling pan.

She called out to him, her voice filled with an air of nonchalance, "Jun! I'm going to the convenience store. I'll be back soon!"

Renjun turned his gaze towards her, concern etched on his face. He wiped his hands on a kitchen towel and walked over to her.

"Okay," he replied, his voice laced with caution. "But be careful. It's late and the streets are not safe."

Jiayi nodded, flashing him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. It's just a quick trip," she assured him, her words carrying a hint of secrecy.

She opened the front door and as she stepped out, Jiayi retrieved a sleek mask from her pocket. It was a simple yet effective tool, concealing her identity and adding an air of mystery.

She secured the mask around her head, ensuring a snug fit that left only her eyes exposed.

The streets were eerily quiet as Jiayi made her way towards the nearest convenience store. The dimly lit pavement stretched ahead of her.

As she reached the store, she pushed open the door, the bright lights and bustling atmosphere providing a temporary refuge from the shadows that lurked outside. She picked up the snacks she needed.

At the checkout counter, Jiayi paid for her items, her eyes scanning the surroundings. The store clerk, an older man with a tired smile, handed her the change and offered a friendly farewell. She returned the gesture.

Stepping back out onto the deserted streets, Jiayi felt a chill run down her spine. The cold wind hit her face, giving her mind some peace. She liked it.

'Some solitude at last.'

As she walked homeward, she found the way back to the apartment a bit long. She saw an abandoned alley on the side and noticed it as a shortcut. She decided to go through the alley.

'I guess I could practice with my blades hereafter.'

As Jiayi walked, she heard a voice and stopped in her tracks.

"You did a very big mistake not bringing the money" the voice said.

Jiayi's pulse quickened, her senses on high alert. She hid behind some trash cans, her hand ready to draw her blades.

Her mind filled with a mixture of apprehension and determination, she peeked to see a figure fully covered in black clothes. The man had a gun and he shot the one on the ground without a second thought.

She decided to get away from trouble and as she was about to run away, her feet came in contact with an empty can which fell down, making a sound(typical scene).

"Who's there?" The figure called out. Jiayi sprinted as fast as she could and so did the man. Unfortunately, it was a dead end. Jiayi couldn't go anywhere.

"Fuck!"

From the shadows emerged a hooded figure, their eyes gleaming with malice. The figure stepped forward. He wore a mask but she knew he was grinning.

"You thought you could escape? After what you just saw?" he sneered, his voice dripping with contempt.

Jiayi's breath caught in her throat, and she strained to recall where she had heard that voice before. It was familiar, hauntingly so, but the memory eluded her grasp.

Jiayi's heart raced, adrenaline pumping through her veins. She knew she couldn't fight him as it would result in her injury, but she refused to back down.

Jiayi smirked behind the mask that concealed her face. "Oh I'll escape, safe and sound" she declared, her voice filled with defiance.

As the tension in the air reached its peak, Jiayi took this opportunity jumped on a trash can and climbed the wall. Her apartment was in sight.

"Just few steps away" she whispered.

The man advanced towards her but Jiayi was fast enough and took out a blade and aimed it at his right shoulder. The man groaned with pain. He took the blade out and held onto his shoulder.

Jiayi took the opportunity and jumped from the wall to the other side and ran towards the apartment building. She reached her apartment gate, heart swelled with relief as she just escaped death.

'Guess I'll have to find a different alley to practice my blades' she sighed and made her way to her floor.

Jiayi was nervous; she had gotten a scar on her chin as she fell down while running from the man. Now she had to find an excuse to tell Renjun.

"I'll just say I fell down while coming from the convenience store. Yes! I'll say that" she whispered to herself, feeling proud of her excuse.

Thoughts?👀Ngl, I cringed(─

Thoughts?👀
Ngl, I cringed(─.─)
I'm going with the flow:]
Doodles!