Ch-4

'breathe!'

Jiayi stepped into the classroom, her eyes scanning the room to see if that particular someone is there.

Dread washed over her as she spotted Haechan sitting at the desk.

'Why did I have to be his deskmate?' she thought with a sigh.

'Great! It's going to be nearly impossible for me to concentrate on the chemistry lecture.' she thought to herself while praying for her life. And sadly, her prediction turned out to be true.

The professor entered the class and began the class.

"Today's class will be practical exercise involving chemicals and for this, you have to work with your desk mates." the professor instructed the students.

Meanwhile, Jiayi's heart sank. 'Can life get any worse?' she groaned.

The other students around them seemed to effortlessly cooperate and collaborate with their partners, but Jiayi and Haechan were the complete opposite. They couldn't go a minute without bickering and mocking each other.

"Haechan, could you please pass me the flask?" Jiayi asked, her voice dripping with annoyance.

"Why should I?" Haechan retorted.

"Because you're my partner and we are supposed to help each other!" She said.

"You've been nothing but a pain since the moment we became deskmates," Haechan retorted, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Rolling her eyes, Jiayi shot back, "Well, if you weren't so insufferable, maybe we could have gotten something done!"

'For life's sake! It's only my first day!' She whispered to herself while keep her cool.

Their petty arguments filled the air, drawing the attention of their exasperated classmates. The chemistry lecture became a background hum as Jiayi and Haechan engaged in their personal war of words.

"You're too dumb to be Renjun's sister" Haechan remarked at Jiayi.

"Well if I'm dumb then you're even dumber" she spat, her voiced fill with annoyance.

Ring!

"Class dismissed everyone. See you tomorrow students." The professor said.

Jiayi couldn't have been more relieved. She rushed out of the classroom, eagerly awaiting the sight of Renjun, who would be picking her up. As she reached the gate, she spotted Renjun's familiar face, and a smile spread across her lips.

"Jun!" Jiayi called out, waving her hand to catch his attention.

Renjun's eyes lit up as he saw his sister. He made his way toward her, a knowing smile playing on his lips.

"So Mèi, how was your first day at the university?" he asked, his tone filled with amusement.

Jiayi let out a frustrated sigh, her voice tinged with exasperation. "Oh Jun, you won't believe what happened. It's all because of Haechan. I can't stand him! All we did was argue the whole time."

Renjun listened patiently, his smile never fading. He had always been the calm and composed one in the family, and Jiayi often sought solace in his presence. He knew how to handle her complaints without getting caught up in the drama.

As they walked home together, Jiayi continued to vent her frustrations, recounting every little annoyance caused by Haechan's presence. Renjun stayed silent, allowing his sister to release her pent-up emotions while he listened attentively.

Renjun chuckled softly, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "Mèi, you've had a rough day, and I understand your annoyance. But trust me, one day, you'll like him as a friend too."

"And that day will never come. There is no way we'll ever be friends. I don't understand how you're friends with that annoying guy." Jiayi said.

"Oh believe me! He's still annoying. But we've just learnt to understand eachother." Renjun stated.

"I don't believe you." Jiayi said.

Renjun ruffled her hair and smiled at her "Just remember to be calm; you don't want the same thing that happened there to happen here do you?"

"I know! I'll control." She said.

Renjun nodded approvingly, his smile widening. "That's the spirit, Mèi. Remember, university is a time for growth and learning, not just academically but also personally. You never know, Haechan might surprise you."

"Hmm" Jiayi hummed in response as she contemplated Renjun's words.

As they continued their walk home, the siblings fell into a comfortable silence. Jiayi's mind buzzed with thoughts of reconciliation and newfound understanding.

Thoughts?👀I have exams HELP-Let's just hope that my exams won't be the reason for this book to be "discontinued"Doodles!

Thoughts?👀
I have exams HELP-
Let's just hope that my exams won't be the reason for this book to be "discontinued"
Doodles!