Chapter 3

The bus drive home was short, Ghost and Ana were mostly quiet, occasionally whispering to each other, making Ana laugh quietly into his chest. She sat on his lap for the whole drive, sending a fire through Ghost's body after the bus drove over bumps. As they arrived at the base, the team filed out of the door. Ana attempted to get up, but Ghost lifted her as he stood up pulling one of her legs around him, her other leg did the same, and she squeezed her legs around him as he supported her by her ass. After walking down the steps of the bus outside, Ghost gently set Ana down on her feet.

The team stood around talking for a moment before dispersing to their barracks. Alejandro, Valeria and Rudy walked towards theirs as Soap, Gaz and Farah went to theirs. Price and Laswell headed to the Captains barracks while Ana and Ghost remained standing where they were dropped off. "Goodnight Ghost." "Goodnight Anastasia." Both shared a smile, though Ghost's was hidden behind his black mask. He slipped his arms under hers, hugging her tightly as she hugged him around his neck. As Ana pulled away, she looked up at Ghost with an amorous look in her eyes. She turned away from him, he pulled her back as he had his make lifted up over his lips and kissed her again. Pulling away, Ana bit her lip and began chasing after Soap, Gaz, and Farah as they lived in the same barracks. Ghost watched her carefully, his mind spinning with thoughts ranging from the way she smiled at him, to imagining what she would look like underneath him, silently blaming the alcohol for the impure thoughts, though they were happily received.

As Ana made it back to her room, she realized that she still had Ghost's hoodie. Smiling as she pulled it to her face; his scent filled her senses. Walking into her room, she shut the door behind her and locked it. Shaking her hair between her fingers she made her way to the bathroom to take her lightly smudged make-up off. Leaving the bathroom she pulled off her pants, kicking them towards the hamper that sat near the door. She slipped off the giant hoodie followed by her shirt and grey lacey bra, then pulled the hoodie over her head again. She laid down on her bed, pulling the blanket over her legs, and cuddling a pillow. As she lay there in a tipsy haze, she thought of Ghost and the way he kissed her, his smooth full lips were already enrapturing. Her eyelids grew heavier as she drifted off to sleep.

The Next Day

After classes and training, Ana sat in the mess hall with Soap, Gaz, and Valeria, talking about plans for the evening. "Are we going out again?" Soap asked as he took a drink of his water, "I am, but I don't want to go to that bar again, we should go somewhere else." Gaz's responded. Valeria shook her head, "I can't, me and Alejandro are doing something." Ana turned towards Valeria, eyebrows raised, "Oooo, what are you guys gonna do?" her voice was suggestive, causing Valeria to nudge her, "We're just going to dinner, pervertida." Ana felt someone sit beside her, but she stayed focused on Valeria as she talked, "He wants to go dancing after, but I'm not a dancer." Before she could respond to Valeria, Ana felt a strong hand glide over her tummy, pulling her to the side, "Hey princess." The harsh British accent caught her off guard as Ghost nuzzled her neck. Ana looked at her friends around her, all with looks of surprised spread across their faces. Ghost looked up as he noticed it got quiet, "Got a problem?" Soap smiled a ridiculous grin, "Not a' all, Lt." Ana looked up at Ghost, whose body was flush with hers as he had one leg under the table and the other on the outside. "Hi. I thought you had to train the new recruits?" Ghost shook his head, "Price took over, told me to go have lunch."

Ana stopped outside into the hot sun. Ghost stood behind her closely, replacing his hand on her waist, leaning in close to her ear, "What are you doing tonight?" Inhaling sharply at the roughness of his voice in her ear, Ana's eyes fluttered. "Uh, the boys want to go out." "Are you going?" "Not really up for it, no." Ana sighed, "Still tired from the adventure last night." "Too tired for me?" Ana's face turned red, "Of course not, Ghost. Hey, I forgot to give you your hoodie back. I'll go grab it." Before Ghost could protest like he wanted to, Ana jogged away from him. As he stood there watching her run across the base, Soap walked up behind him and stood next to him. "So you an' Ana, eh, Lt.. What does she see in you?" Soap teased. "Not sure, Johnny." Something in the sky caught Ghost's eye. It as a black dot that grew larger the longer he looked at it." Reaching for his phone, he dialed Price. "This is Price." "Sir, any aircraft expected to land soon?" "No, the last of the recruits arrived this morning and aren't expecting more for a couple months." Ghost's eyes widened as the dot came more into focus. As he looked where Ghost had his, Soap furrowed his brows and squinted, then his face dropped. "Steamin' bloody Jesus."

As Ana reached her barracks, she walked through the halls as a loud whistling noise surrounded her. Confused, she stopped walking and looked around. Suddenly there was an explosion. The blast shook the building violently around her, knocking her over. As she struggled to get up the ceiling above her began to crumble. She got to her feet as quickly as she could and sprinted to the door outside. Once outside she saw smoke, dust, and flames as people ran around yelling and screaming. There was a quiet ringing in her ear as she looked for anyone she knew. In the distance she saw Soap and Ghost running in her direction. Seeing them ignited a fire under her and she began to run towards them. Jumping over debris and running around flames, she finally made it to them. "Ghost what the hell is going on?" she yelled over the chaos that surrounded them. "Missile hit the control building, Soap get the boys, Farah and Valeria and meet us in the east training building, now!" "Sir!" Soap ran off, doing what Ghost had ordered. Ghost reached behind him and pulled out a pistol and handed it to Ana, "Stay low, and stay on me, got it?" Ana nodded quickly as Ghost began to run, following him closely. As they ran, they saw unfamiliar convoys enclosing on the base on all sides. As they made it to the east side of the base, they made their way into the empty building used for training. Ana and Ghost waited and listened. Voices were heard among the chaos all around them. Looking out the glassless window , Ghost skimmed the perimeter. The convoys were stagnant, hostiles weren't seen anywhere. Ducking down, Ghost sat next to Ana, "Hurry the fuck up, Johnny." Ghost angrily said out loud to himself. He turned towards Ana, "Are you okay? Did you get hurt at all?" "N-No I'm okay." Suddenly, they heard something metal hit the floor in front of them, followed by an explosion of a white bright light. Blinded, Ghost and Ana were defenseless. The door next to them had flung open and Ana was grabbed by the throat, and she began screaming. Unable to see, Ghost blinked rapidly to try to clear his vision but it wasn't working, Ana's cries shook him internally and he desperately needed to help her. He couldn't fire his gun, he feared he would hit Ana. Just as his vision became clearer he was struck over the head and was knocked unconscious.