Chapter 4

TW: Assault

Fluttering his eyes open, Ghost was met with darkness and air that filled with a musty, cold scent. Ghost groaned as his head spun and throbbed, his body lying on something solid. Bringing a hand to his face he rubbed his eyes before looking around, barely being able to see a few feet around him. Putting a hand down, he felt the floor. It was damp and had a rough texture like brick. He tried to sit up, but the sound of a chain caught him off guard. He moved his leg causing the noise of the chain to fill the quiet once more. Fuck... Feeling both ankles, he felt a cold, metal cuff around his left ankle. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness around him, he looked around once more. "Anastasia?" he saw what looked like a figure on the other side of the small room he was in, lying on the floor just as he was. He stood up slowly as his head pounded. "Anastasia!" The figure moved, letting out a small groan. "Fuckin' hell! Wake up, baby, please." He raised his voice as she stirred more. She laid on her side, and propped herself up on her elbow as she woke up slowly. Ghost waited impatiently for her to turn towards him. As she did, another chain clanging hit his ears. "Fuck, Anastasia are you alright? Talk to me." "Y-Yeah I'm fine, just dizzy. Where are we?" "I don't know." "Ghost," fear filled her voice, "How did we get here?" "Stay calm, I'll-" his words were cut off by a noise to his left.

Turning his head quickly, he saw a door open and light surrounding a figure that stood in a doorway. "Who the fuck are you?" Ghost shouted. A thick, intimidating Spanish voice responded "Oh come on, Ghost I'm sure you know exactly who I am." the lights in the room they were trapped in flicked on, blinding Ghost momentarily. The haziness cleared and he grew livid as his eyes narrowed in on who was standing in the doorway. "El Mas Loco." Julio Vargas, El Mas Loco, was a Mexican cartel leader heavily involved in the drug and weapons trade, taking the lower regions of Mexico by gun point, spreading fear and drugs rapidly through the streets. "Muy Buen, Ghost." "Why the fuck do you have us 'ere?" Ghost's anger boomed through the room. "You know very well why. You have something I want, and I have a means to get it out of you." Ana's eyes filled with fear, unsure whether she wanted to admit she knew exactly what he meant or not. "Let her go, she's low rank, I have all the intel." "Then what leverage would I have on you, if I let her go? I've seen you two, always so close." His tone sounded sarcastically playful, but it was cruel. "How long you're here is up to you. What happens to her is up to you." He snapped his fingers, holding his hand up, "Carlos." A man behind him put something in his hand. "Have a good night." He stepped out of the room, tossed what he was holding to Ghost and the door slammed and locked. Ana looked at Ghost, tears filled her lids, lips trembling, "W-What did he give you?" Her breathing was chaotic. Ghost opened his hands, seeing a key in his hand. He quickly dropped down to one knee and unlocked the cuff on his ankle. Throwing off the cuff, he rush to Ana and bent down to unlock hers. Once she was freed, Ghost lifted her by her waist, Ana wrapping her legs around him, and hugged his neck tightly. Though she came off as a strong soldier, the situation they were in terrified Ana, understandably so. She cried silently on his should as he caressed the back of her head. "It's alright, I won't let them hurt you, okay?" Ghost scanned the room once more, seeing only an old disgusting bed on the side of the room where Ana had been tied up, a broken toilet on the wall behind them, and an old wooden chair. The room was made of dark red brick that had large pipes on alternating walls. The ground was wet, water leaking from the pipes and ceiling.

It had been a few hours since they freed themselves. During that time they attempted to find a way out, but they were sealed in the small, cold room tightly, barely any light coming in through the cracks around the door. As they tried to stay warm, Ghost held Ana against his body with his arms around her, but she still shivered violently. The sound of the door unlocking startled them, both shot up off the bed, landing on their feet with Ghost in front of Ana. As the door opened again, Julio walked in with his hands in his pockets. His tone was angry, "I see you freed yourselves." He put his hand on his chin, "But I could've swore I only threw you a key, Ghost." An evil smirk spread across his face as he snapped his fingers. The sound echoed through the room as three men came in, making a quick b-line to Ghost. Ready to fight back, he gently pushed Ana back. There was a quick tussle between two of them and Ghost as the other held Ana back, and though Ghost fought back fiercely, he had no weapon and was overpowered. After repeatedly punching him in the gut, they knocked Ghost to the ground. The two men dragged Ghost back to the side of the room, putting the restraint on his leg again. Once he was locked up, the two men left the room, coming back in shortly, holding rope. Ana fought the man that held her arm tightly but with a swift move, he had her arm painfully behind her back, pulling it towards the ceiling, coming close to snapping her elbow.