61-65

Chapter 61

"Is it tomorrow?"

"Ah, that's right."

"How many percent are you sure of success, Sir Doyle?"

"For me, there are only zero percent and one hundred percent, Agatha· Knight Commander Christie. If I fail... I will die with that guy. I will always be with the British Empire." "

Very good."

Late at night, in the hotel where he stayed in Yokohama, after finishing the overseas phone call with his colleagues, Conan said ·Doyle walked to the full-length floor-to-ceiling mirror in the room and gently touched his reflection in the mirror with his fingers.

His fingers touched the bridge of his nose on his face in the mirror, as if using it as a central axis to split himself into two sides, just like the two extremes within human nature.

No matter which side he is in, he is Arthur Conan Doyle.

Sure enough, it would be better for the story of Sherlock Holmes to end with James Moriarty dying on the Reichenbach Falls, which can also be regarded as a prophecy for his creator.

...

On Sunday, in Yokohama, at a five-star hotel owned by the Suzuki Foundation, the World Forum of Mystery Novel Writers was held as scheduled.

Not only the well-known mystery novelists from all over the world were invited, but also many celebrities from all walks of life came to the event dressed neatly. Not only because many of them are fans of these writers, but also because they regard this place as a good place for fame and fortune and socializing.

Of all the people present, Conan Doyle undoubtedly became the focus of the audience. As soon as he stepped into the venue, there was an endless stream of people chatting around him. He was so popular that it was almost impossible to move forward.

Kudo Shinichi, who got the top VVVIP ticket thanks to Suzuki Sonoko, could only watch from a distance outside the three-story inner and outer three-story encirclement, unable to get close to his idol at all, with a depressed look on his face: "

Those Many people are not fans of Mr. Doyle’s books at all, and have never even read Mr. Doyle’s books. All they value is Mr. Doyle’s status in British society.”

On the surface, Conan Doyle is the world's top mystery novelist and a knight conferred by the British royal family. At the same time, his other identity, which is not known to ordinary people, is that he is a top superpower who is highly valued by the British government. This makes him very popular in the UK. Social status and network resources are extraordinary. It's just that because he himself is not very keen on attending social occasions, it is difficult to give others a chance to develop relationships. And this rare trip to Japan to participate in the writers' exchange meeting seems to be an excellent opportunity for many people who want to make friends with him for other purposes.

Kudo Shinichi, a hardcore book fan with a sincere heart towards idols, expressed dissatisfaction with this...Mr. Doyle's talent surpasses everything else!

On the side, Mao Lilan, who accompanied her boyfriend to attend the forum, watched her boyfriend look at the novelist not far away with stars in his eyes and express "Mr. Doyle, look at me, look at me" , look at me! ], and had no choice but to sigh helplessly.