1

Third Person's POV

It was a rather slow day at the bau that everyone was bored out of their mind, that's what made the job boring sometimes is when there isn't a mission of some bozo that they need to get, and or things of that nature. Even the tech-wiz Penelope Garcia and the brainac Spencer Reid is rather bored, that even says something. "Why is today so boring? It feels slow when there is no one at the diner but you realize you are still working and you can't leave your job?" Complained Spencer Reid, as everyone was shocked that even he was bored.

"Wow Spencer Reid is bored? That's a first?" Was a voice that made everyone jump at the sudden voice that wasn't there before. They all turned around to see Derek Morgan's adopted daughter Hailey.

"Don't do that Jesus Christ." Hotch says as the girl just grins much like Derek which is a little creepy especially when they're both doing it. But today he didn't really smile as it felt boring.

"How long have you been there?" Rossi asks the girl as she sets her backpack beside her Dad like she always does so that they can both gang up on the others. It's more of a hobby that they have that they've came up with over the years.

"Just got here." Hailey says propping her boot-heeled feet on the table as she gets out her computer so she can start her homework.

"Why are you so happy today?" Spencer asks the girl as she still has her grin on her face as she sighs.

"Oh, God I know that sigh. Jacob Henry talked to you, right?" Penelope asks as the guys looked at the blonde confused before looking at Hailey. Which made the teenager look up at them noticing that neither of the men talked.

"Come on guys, let me live a little." Hailey says knowing that the men are going to ask her a bajillion questions. Then Penelope covers her hand over her mouth realizing what she said which was indeed why the teenager was grinning from-ear-to-ear. Now she isn't grinning anymore now that Penelope has ruined the fun. Hailey doesn't let that go unnoticed. As she looks up to the blonde, with a glare. "Thanks, a lot Garcia." Hailey says under her breath, as Penelope starts to apologize before Derek interrupts her.

"Sorry babygirl." Derek says to Penelope as she gets the cue from Spencer that this is the time where she leaves like she always does when the guys are like this to Hailey as she is all like a daughter to them. Then again they've known her since she was five and anytime that she mentions a guy they get protective, and maybe a little over-protective. Depending if you're Hailey and looking at it that way.

"Hailey Jade who is that Henry dude?" Derek asks his daughter as she groans knowing damn sure that she isn't going to be able to get out of this.

"A kid at school who is the same age as me and Maddie." Hailey says as everyone knows who Maddie is. As she's a close friend of Hailey.

"Anything other than that, captain obvious." Derek says as the other guys put their full attention on Hailey, as she started clicking around on her computer.

"He is a good, great guy, on the football team, did I mention hot in the uniform, sweet Jesus--" Hailey says obviously getting distracted by talking about Jacob.

"Hailey, your distracted." Derek says pointing out the obvious as Hailey stops herself from embarrassing herself.

"What Penelope does it to you and you don't question her, and you don't say anything. But when I talk about Jacob you all get protective, but that doesn't mean get involved in my love life. Before you men start talking, he's a nice guy who lives my morals as that's how his parents raised him. Also you guys don't have to protect me, I'm not a baby anymore, I'm almost eighteen. If anything happens I don't need to come crawling back to you guys. Okay?" Hailey says a the guys all syncingly look down to their laps as they know that she is right. She's almost an adult who can protect her. "Also on the whole thing of me protecting myself, Dad taught me how to fight when I was eight, and how to use weapons when I was ten." Hailey finishes as she goes back to doing her homework for her history class.