13

Third Person's POV

It didn't take Derek that long to tell her that she's coming on a road trip. She's very easy to bribe, especially with Starbucks and a donut. Also with countless hours of listening to Taylor Swift. He's secretly a 'Swiftie', even thought he wouldn't admit it. He definitely won't tell Reid, he'd never hear the end of that one. That's for sure.

When he did manage to get Hailey up and out of bed, it was so far so good. Hailey got dressed as she was glaring daggers at her father for getting her up at three in the morning. Which is a crime for her, but he honestly doesn't care in the slightest. 

Hailey managed to get into the truck without falling on her face on the way out of the house, so that was a good thing. 

"If you want you can go back to bed." Derek says once Hailey gets situated as she kept glaring at her father. "You love me, here is an apology." He says handing her the coffee and donut, as she muttered a thanks before taking a huge sip from her drink.

"I'm still mad at you, but this will do." Hailey says as she took the sprinkles individually off of the donut, like she has OCD. Derek gave her a weird look when he looked in her direction as Taylor Swift is blaring in the speakers of the truck.

"Glad it helped."

"Only a little." Hailey muttered under her breath as Derek flicked her cheek, caused her to roll her eyes at him. She stuck out her tongue after he did that. 

"You love me." Derek says as he's amused by this playful banter between the two as it's honestly the highlight of their relationship. It's like a mix of him, Savannah, Penelope and Spencer, but also with the natural craziness of Hailey.

It equals chaotic that's for sure, he never knows what he's going to get from Hailey. She's always moody one way or another you never know what she's going to say. Maybe that from Maddie wore off from her.

"Eh, half the time yes. Other half..." Hailey says to him as he shakes his head as You Belong With Me, come on the playlist that Hailey spent ten hours making a couple months ago with Maddie. It has nearly every single song that Taylor had done on it. 

When Hailey first listened to Taylor Swift it drove Derek crazy, literally. Then Taylor started to grow on him, and now it's part of him and Hailey's routine to listen to Taylor every day. 

"How rude, Hails." He says with a fake pout on his face as she finally took a bite out of the donut as she picked off the sprinkles of the donut. 

"No, just my opinion. Now hush I'm trying to sing this song." She says as she started to actively ignoring him. 

。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚ ू ₒ ु ₓ。

They are currently half way to Chicago, as Hailey has once again fallen asleep on her father's arm with her drooling. He really doesn't mind, but what woke her up was a pot hole in the ground. She stirred awake as she moved and positioned herself back into her seat.

What got Hailey's attention through right eye being the only eye that's opened, she sees a cemetery. As they're gonna stop by and visit her Grandpa Hank.

Hailey knows what happened as her father as said it before. She knows that he gets emotional talking about his Dad as she grabbed his hand as she leaned her head onto his shoulder as he wrapped his right arm around her. Just enjoying the peace and quiet.