8

Third Person's POV

A couple hours later

Hailey was currently in surgery for her wounds, she came back where Derek was reading a piece of paper that was in his pocket. It was in Spencer's handwriting, but it was at Mary's room in the psych ward. It was suspicious to say the least. It made no sense. Did he knew that Mary was alive, but never told Hailey for some reason? "Reid, where'd you get this?" Derek says as Spencer turns towards Derek as his eyes nearly pop out of their socket, as that's how Derek knew that Spencer knew something. "Did you knew that Mary was alive and never told Hailey?"

"She told me not to, and I respected that." Spencer says as Derek gave him a look, but stopped when he saw that Hailey was awake. He didn't want to have his conversation right now. 

"Hey, babygirl." Derek says as he gives Spencer a look before turning to his daughter as she was oblivious of the whole thing of him and Spencer. Why would he know that Mary was alive and not tell Hailey? Was his question.

"Hey." Hailey says as she leans into her father's touching her cheek. He kissed her forehead, before moving a strain of her hair behind her ear.

"How you feelin?" He asked her as he grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze. 

She shrugged her shoulders as he gave her a small smile. "Outside of my leg and shoulder feeling numb, what's new?" Hailey says with a little laugh.

"Actually something is new but it can wait?" Derek says to her as she nods her head at him, as he kissed her head. "It can wait until we get back to the BAU." He says.

"Oooh yay a surprise, right?" She asks him as he couldn't help but nod his head at her. Trying to hide his expressions really well knowing that she can read him, very clearly. 

"It's definitely a surprise." He says to her as he frowned just a tad because it's not a good surprise either. He wanted to wait a little bit. After that he got up and yanked Spencer's arm dragging him outside, not knowing that Hailey saw him scolding him.

"Derek--" Spencer says before Derek cuts him off clearly angry at his little brother figure in the team.

"Don't Derek me. Be honest with me you knew that Mary was alive? Did you?" Derek asks Spencer as what he doesn't know was that Hailey could hear what they were saying, as it took her a second to realize what he was talking about. Why was he talking about her mother?

"I did actually. I didn't want Hailey to know that her mother was the way that she was. She told me not to tell her, because she didn't want to see her daughter. But you brought her there, to see her mother, when she deliberately told me not to bring her." Spencer says as Derek felt disappointed in Spencer. He had trusted him with his daughter and now he's broken that.

"Do you know what you've done to that girl? She doesn't realize that you've damaged, hurt and betrayed her. You've broken her trust, and trust me you'll never gain her trust Reid, now leave." Derek says as Spencer follows his orders and leaves, as Derek wishes that he was alone in a room, he'd most likely break everything. He calms him down a little before walking into the hospital room as everyone know not to ask what he calls stupid questions.

Hailey looks at her father as she heard him scolding Reid, he looked at her and saw that she was looking at him. That's when he knew that she heard him. "Surprise."