3

Third Person's POV

After Derek gets his daughter's body out of the sack, it explodes, and he gets thrown back harshly which makes him crash through the glass doors, and just narrowly miss James, before Rossi shoots him dead in his tracks. His now limp body falls. Derek feels him slowly falling before he can get within distance of Spencer, JJ, and now Rossi. Just before the others got to him he fell, as he was breathing in the smoke, and fell unconscious.

Spencer immediately called the ambulance, and the father and daughter were brought to the nearest hospital so that when they felt all better, they could go back to Virginia.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

When Savannah found out what happened to her husband and his daughter, she got on the nearest flight to Chicago was was there in six hours, then she got lost trying to find the hospital but found her way. She rushed into the hospital where Spencer and JJ had waited for her once she told them that she landed and was on her way to the hospital.

"How are they? Where are they? Are they okay? Are they hurt?" Savannah says frantically as JJ sighs knowing how much Derek means to her.

"Well Derek is awake, but..." JJ says to Savannah which doesn't help her nerves as she gives JJ a look.

"... but.?...." Savannah says motioning towards the elevator towards the rooms.

"Hailey still hadn't woken up. She lost a lot of blood. Along with scars on her body from what were guessing is a knife on her throat and little torture methods on her wrists." Spencer says reading off what the nurse said as she examined Hailey's wounds.

"Oh, my," Savannah says as the elevator gets to the floor that they need to be on as she hurriedly towards Derek's room as Hailey is in surgery.

When she got to his room she engulfed him in a huge hug. "Hey, baby girl." He says to her as she looks around for Hailey. "Hails in surgery." He says already knew what she was going to ask.

"When did she go?" She asked him.

"Two hours before you came." He says as he brings her in for another hug. As she didn't hesitate to hug him back.

"How bad was she? Well is she?" She says before correcting herself.

"She'll be okay. She'll make it through." Derek says as Savannah looks at him with a sad look.

"How do you know that? How do you think that she'll make it through?" She asked him as she didn't intend for her voice to get raised. She's feeling a lot of emotions right now as she's trying to control them, but it's difficult trying to concentrate and focus on getting information about unSubs when two people that she cares about are in the hospital. Let alone one of them isn't back yet from surgery.

He grabbed her hands giving them a soft squeeze like he does to Hailey. He looks her dead in the eye as she adverts her eyes towards him. When she looked him in the eyes. "Because I know Hailey. She'll get through anything." He says trying to reassure Penelope as he could tell that she was nervous of her.

"How do you know that?" Savannah says as Hailey is in crutches standing by the door.

"He does." Was the voice of Hailey as Savannah turned around as she was in shock.