Chapter 172

"So you'll be ok doll?" "Sorry Johnny what was that?" Holly said pouring more coffee into her mug. Jack and Lily were sat at the kitchen island, the former trying to finish some homework that was seriously overdue, whilst the latter read a copy of Vogue, scolding her brother about his lack of commitment to his studies. A boisterous Lottie sat beside them munching on pancakes and was squealing in excitement randomly. "I said if I work late tonight, you're going to be ok? With the school pick up and Lottie and stuff?" "Oh fuck is today the day Lenny is off?" "Yes... so you're taking the kids to school, and picking them up with Travis? Mark is gonna head there straight after security debrief. You said it would be ok?" Johnny said nervously. "Yes no problem." Holly said exhausted. She hadn't slept well in recent nights and hosting her family the week prior for Thanksgiving had been full on. "So where are you today?" She asked curiously. "Just here there and everywhere. New projects coming soon hopefully." Johnny said. "Great!" His wife said pleased for him. "You've not touched your coffee are you feeling ok?" She asked walking past him to pour the children more juice. "I'm fine." Johnny said quietly. "Are you sure?" "Yes doll.." "Well how about I make you some breakfast? The least I can do before you're off on your busy day." "No honest I'm good." "Are you sure?" "Holly, I'm fine." Johnny said sternly making both Lily and Holly's eyes widen. "Sorry.. it's early and I've got a lot on my mind." Johnny said and his wife smiled. "Got it!!!!! 5c equals 3 over pie!" Jack said loudly making his baby sister chuckle. "Three over Pie is not a thing??" Lily said smirking. "It so is.... And I've showed my workings out." Jack said slamming his work book shut and grabbing his own breakfast pancakes and scoffing them down. "You better get going darling, you don't want to be late." Holly said smiling at Johnny. Her secret smile that said leave all this chaos to me. He had learnt to recognise it over the years. "Yes you're right." He placed his phone and things on the worktop and walked round to Lottie first. "Be a good girl munchkin," He lifted her up and hugged her tight, kissing the little girl's curls. "I love you lots Lottie Rose." Holly smiled. Nothing was more important to Johnny than his children. "Right you... you are my main man right? You're the man of the house until I return ok?" Johnny said to Jack before hugging him tight. He then moved to his eldest. "Ahh the one who made me a Papa. Help Holly out today ok? Especially when you're both home from school. I love you darling." "Love you too Dad. Have a good day." Lily said kissing her father's cheek before he slowly moved round the kitchen island to Holly "and you... the love of my life and baby number four... try to rest and relax whilst I'm not here ok? I adore you.." he kissed Holly before slowly pulling back and resting his forehead on hers for just a moment before lifting her left hand. "Never forget I love you ok?" She nodded and smiled "Love you too J, have a good day." She kissed his cheek once more before he slowly and almost reluctantly left the kitchen and headed into the hallway. Holly thought his elaborate goodbyes were a little odd especially for just a day at work but he had always been quirky so she didn't think anymore of it.

Meanwhile in the foyer, Sean was heading down the stairs with a small black holdall. "Ready Sir?" Johnny nodded before heading towards the front door, he lit up his trademark cigarette when Travis appeared out of the security office. "Sir." He nodded solemnly. "Guard them with your life Travis, and god forbid anything happens, make sure they know how much I love them." "I will sir, and you'll be fine. Ordinary procedure remember." "I'll be back as soon as they let me go." "All the best sir." Travis nodded before shutting the door behind them.

"Good god... that was hard work wasn't it?" Holly said as her and Travis headed back into the house after a busy school run. "Well I don't know why you insist on driving. You know it's easier when I do.." "yes but I want to feel at least semi normal Trav.. anyway we got there. Please don't let me forget Lottie finishes after lunch today. With my baby brain, I'm likely to leave her in kindergarten all day!" Travis smirked before saying "Is there anything you need?" "Nope I'm all good. I plan to just chill today, so you go take some time, work out, whatever it is you wanna do." "Thanks... I might call Tara see how she's doing." "You should. I know she was gutted to go back to London but you will be back together for Christmas which is amazing." The guy smiled before retreating to his office. Holly made herself a cup of tea and sat on the couch enjoying the peace before a text came through from Johnny.

I remember our wedding day as of it was yesterday. You're the light of my love, thank you for giving me a second chance at life. I can't wait for our future, and to grow old and grey with you. All my love, forever more, JD xxx

Johnny was romantic but even still that message was something else. She smiled at her phone, and her hormones got the better of her as she welled up.

Oh you. My charmer. Aren't you meant to be concentrating on work? I love you more than you'll ever know. Our wedding day was one of the best days of my life. Can't wait to be back in your arms. Xxx

Johnny smiled at his phone. He was lying on a hospital bed in a gown, awaiting the surgeon and consultant to arrive. Sean sat beside him. "What are you smirking at?" His head of security asked. "I'm not smirking." "Yes you are." "Ok fine.. I'm texting my wife ok?" "Have you told her yet?" "No!! And I won't have to if the Doc gets all of it." "Johnny.. I don't like this, I don't like it one bit. You're not only lying to your wife but you've instructed the staff to as well. That's not right." "She's got too much going on, this will just stress her out further." They were soon joined by John Snr who was sipping a coffee, he handed one to Sean and saw the disappointed look on his son's face. "You're nil by mouth remember??" "God I fucking need a coffee and a smoke if they don't take me down soon."

A short while later, a scrubbed up surgeon entered the room with the consultant dealing with Johnny's medical issues. "So Mr Depp, we just need you to sign the last of these forms and we are good to go. We are going to administer a pre med just to relax you before we take you down to theatre. However, the results from the autopsy show that the lump IS malignant. It's going to be a lot more intrusive than we first imagined, and what with it being in a sensitive area, I would strongly suggest staying the night if not two." "Two nights?" Johnny said shocked. "Son. You can't rush a recovery." His father said. "As you can see my son is distraught at the thought of being away from his family for any length of time... but did you say the lump is malignant?" "Yes sir." "Cancer? Has it spread?" "From the blood work we've done up until now there's no signs to say it has. Mr Depp is a lucky man; thanks to his early finding of this, we've been able to act on it quickly. One last question Mr Depp... given your age, are you thinking of having any further children?" "Well not that it's any of your business... but..." "Dad I think he's talking to me." Johnny said. "Why does that matter Doctor?" Johnny asked nervously. "Well with the lump being in your groin, there's always risks." "Are you saying if I have the surgery I might not be able to have any more children?" "That's not what I'm saying. I'm just highlighting the risks. I assume you've spoke to your wife about the procedure and risks?" Sean's eyes widened at his boss as he folded his arms concerned.