123

Flashes of unknown vague images coursed through him as Jungkook struggled to keep the steering in place. Pain was all he felt, worry for Taehyung and witnessing his painful state was unbearable and moreover his head felt like it was splitting in different directions. Jungkook didn't know when he started crying, he couldn't lose the only person that meant the world to him. He has never felt this scared, but still this fear seemed to him awfully familiar too. As if he had forbidden himself to feel this way again. As if he had swore to never let anything happen to Tae. Though reckless Jungkook almost managed to get to the hospital safely as he had to make sure Taehyung was okay.

The situation around the ICU wasn't pleasing. Jimin was a crying mess and everyone seemed so tensed that Jungkook felt like screaming.

He hunched beside the muted walls of the hallway as his legs and arms were shaking all along. The past incident played in his head like an unpleasant movie you had to sit through. He didn't want any of this to happen. A happy Taehyung was the only thing he ever wished for. Isn't it strange how a person interwines with your soul so profoundly that, them being in pain makes your insides churn and utterly desolate. All Jungkook felt was pain, and his distressed mind wasn't helping.

Glimpses of his Taehyung is all he sees, glimpses he swear he never saw Taehyung in. But he was prettier than ever, Jungkook could say how much love the beholder held in his eyes for his Taehyung. Orbs that sparkled everytime the luscious lips curled effortlessly, his laugh turned every melody imperfect, basking in the sun, hands in gentle caress like a prized possession. Jungkook envied the scene in front of his eyes. Unfamiliar yet so dear.

Jungkook felt helpless and lost as streams of tears flooded his flushed cheeks. He wanted the excruciating images before his eyes to go away as it pained too much to even think of.

"God please don't take the only person I have."

Jungkook groaned sinking into himself.

HOURS PASSED

The doors opened and the doctor walked straight into Jungkook who seemed so utterly miserable that the doctor guessed out.

"Kim Taehyung?" Doctor voiced his hunch.

"Yes. Yes, how i-is he?" The trembling of his tone wasn't gone unnoticed by the people in the room. Jimin stood up eyes brimming up with worry and expectation.

"He's alright now but the wound on his head is a bit severe and the sedatives might make him unconscious for an extended while. Family can see him but I recommend not to disturb him in anyway. He will gain conscience by tomorrow I believe."

"So He's out of danger?" Jungkook seemed to be in a daze.

"Yes, fortunately. I'm not trying to scare you, but the fall could've proven fatal. Thankfully He's past the stage. Take care."

The fall could've proven fatal

Could've proven fatal

Fatal

Jungkook was brought back from his reverie when Jimin slightly nudged him. Jimin was in pieces and Jungkook immediately felt bad for shouting at him. Tae would be so disappointed in him if he knows how he behaved with Jimin. Jungkook wanted to assure Jimin that it's not his fault, which never was. He just wasn't in his best condition to care. Jungkook felt immense guilt for getting riled up on Jimin so he did what he found reasonable. Jungkook lightly placed his hand over Jimin's shoulder and gave him an assuring nod. Jimin's eyes welled up but he took a hold of himself before he'd lose it again.

Jungkook sucked in a deep breath and walked forward beyond the glass door where Tae lay.