119

9:00 am
[GAME BEGINS]

"Tae, don't you think you overdid it? Poor boy can't stop staring at you even in the middle of the game." Jimin teased as he gazed over Jungkook and then back to Taehyung.

"Even I think so Minie." Taehyung's cheeks burned.

"Oh look it's halftime already! Whom do you think will win?" Jimin gave Taehyung a side eye.

"Look at the scoreboard dumbo, ofcourse my Jungkook will win!" Taehyung blurted out and at that moment he knew he fucked up.

Jimin dramatically turned his head and flashed a devilish smile.

"Oops did I hear that right? MY Jungkook I see."
Jimin mocked Taehyung and oh Taehyung wished that the ground would swallow him up.

"JIMIN." he warned.

"JImiN." the devil exaggerated.

"Shut up dumbo. I wanna use the washroom for a while. I'll be back soon okay?"

"Okay chief, as you say." Jimin dramatically raised his hand and saluted Taehyung as he headed to the washrooms.

Kang-min lurched in the shadows behind the staircase near the washroom patiently waiting to get his hands on Taehyung. It only took a second for Taehyung's emotions to descend as Kang-min placed his heavy grip over his mouth.

"Hmmph!" he let out a muffled scream that went unheard by the whole hallway. Taehyung thrashed and turned hoping for someone to pass by but, none did.

Suddenly Kang's grip over his mouth seemed to weaken. Taehyung pried off his fingers gasping for air only to find a cloth full of chloroform waiting for him to inhale. Everything was a blur and Taehyung went limp on the ground.

Jimin POV

The third quarter is over already and our team is having a straight lead, where on earth is Taehyung?? And why isn't he picking up my calls?!

I better go and search for him near the washrooms. As I turned I saw from the corner of my eye Jungkook looking for Taehyung in the middle of the game.

I better hurry.

He's not picking up calls, hasn't reached his apartment, and none saw him leave the premises. Kevin's gone searching for him around the building. I hope he'll find Tae somewhere. Am I overthinking? Should I tell this to Jungkook?

AND THE WINNER IS....!

"Hey Jimin, have you seen Taehyung around?"

It was Jungkook. Anyone could say that Jungkook looked so out of place even though he had just won the game. Worry was etched onto his face.

I can't tell him the truth.

"Jungkook relax. Tae had messaged me saying that he's on his way back."

"He'll be there when I receive the man of the match yeah?"

Don't do this to me Jungkook, I can't lie anymore.

"Yes! He assured me that he'll be there before the event ends. He was super excited on the phone btw. It sucks that he got stuck in something."

Way to go, LIAR.

"Oh, that's a relief. I was worried for no reason." Jungkook chuckled and man, my heart broke.

"Off you go then. Everyone's waiting."

"Captain! It's time, hurry up!" Yugeom blurted out.

Right on cue Yugeom, I swear I owe you one on this.

I stared at the receding figure of Jungkook as I dialled Taehyung for the 13th time.