Saturday flashbacks Pt.2

There they were arm in arm strolling through the doors of the bar.

"no way buy two get one free " Nora shouted running to the bar.

"we'll have three cocktails the strongest ones you have please" June says winking at Nora.

"June i hope your not trying to get me drunk" Henry said raising an eyebrow.

"me, please I would never" June said turning to Nora and laughing. 

Next thing Henry knows and he's giggling whilst twirling both girls on the dance floor. 

"Henry I really love you did you know that ?" June shouts over the music.

"What I can't hear you" Henry shouts.

"I really love you"  She says pushing Henry by the shoulders to the bar further from the music so they can hear each other more clearly and to grab a couple more drinks leaving Nora dancing with some waitress. Henry orders the drinks and turns around furrowing his eyebrows.

"You know Alex hasn't been the same since he met you. I really can't thank you enough" 

"Thank me for what"  Henry says to Junes ear avoiding the distant music.

"Allowing him to be himself again I mean he's always himself but when he's with you he feels different more open and willing to be himself. You bring out the absolute best side of him"

"No need to thank me Bug I should be thanking you for having such an incredible brother and the constant support and love surrounding us not to mention for earlier tonight. I guess it's been a while since I've actually been out and I guess I was reluctant because I was scared it's stupid really" Henry said looking down at his feet after mentioning the anxiety he felt earlier.

"No its not stupid H, I mean after everything that's happened you have every right to feel overwhelmed by going out" June grabbed his arm forcing the eye contact between them, a comfort to Henry knowing that he was actually seen, knowing that he had someone else looking out for him besides Bea or Alex.

"I really love you June and I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I feel to have you in my life through everything you mean the fucking world to me. I can't imagine having gone through this without your support and unconditional love. I guess I thought love always came with conditions and a price and I never really understood what family meant most likely because I barely had one but when I'm with yours I finally know what a family truly means. What it means to be loved in return. The truth is your brother completely flipped my life upside down he's the one who completely and utterly stole my heart and yet still recklessly loved me despite my family and all my flaws. I haven't been the same since I met him. So I'm the one who should be thanking you."  Henry said one tear rolling down his cheek.

June instinctively grabbed Henry by the shoulders and pulled him in for a enormous hug. Henry hugged her back tightly. Both sober enough to understand what the conversation meant to each other yet still drunk enough to have it standing in a bar. 

"I did not drag your royal butt all the way out here for you to make me cry" She wipes a tear from her own face shaking off the emotions when it occurs to Henry that he has never actually seen June cry before. He pulls out a handkerchief out of his pocket giving it to her without a word.

"Thank you." She say sincerely. 

"Now we're here to have fun, nothing to worry about, I promise"  She says with her pinky stuck out in his direction. He rolls his eyes with a smile on his face grabs her pinky with his and shakes it.

"Besides we are not nearly drunk enough" June said with a wink.

"Lets go find Nora she'll be annoyed we had a heart to heart without her" 

Authors note

Thank you for all the new votes, it really means a lot to me. Once again comment any ideas or suggestions and I will be more than happy to write them. I'll try to post more frequently as well.

;)  ;)