Chapter 10

Asty's POV

"So? How's your day?"

Dejavu. Erina always asking me that question whenever I finished my classes but unfortunately, she's not here, kasi inaya silang dalawa ni Sophane for a lunch out with their whole family. May bonding daw na magaganap so sino ako para pigilan siya?

"Just ask yourself Yrus." I replied with an another question while I'm busy reading Erina's book.

"Fun?"

"Mukha bang fun yung mga nangyari?Ang sabi ni prof, pagtulungan ang activity, eh inalila mo'ko eh." reklamo ko. One of our activities is to retrieve some ingredients for a potion. Our professor instruct us to go on a trip around, for a day, and try to find things as many as we can.

And as what I've said, pinagbitbit niya lang naman ako ng napakadaming ingredients while him?Walking freely without anything on.

"That's part of the training Asty. You're a support enchanter, but it doesn't mean na aasa ka na lang sa mga elemental enchanters to fight for you. I want you, to fight for yourself. Paano na lang kapag wala ako?" he reacted, bahagya akong natawa then when I looked at him, he's sulking like a baby.

"Why are you worrying like we're very close? Why are you acting like you cared?" dahilan ko, yung busangot ng mukha niya ay mas nadagdagan pa and anytime, he can clearly punch me out of nowhere.

"Cause' you're under my guidance, baka nakakalimutan mo."

"Under your guidance and being your responsibility nor being my decision maker is not the same thing, Yrus." I just said then he immedietely crossed his arms as sign that he disaggrees. Nakalimutan kong I'm under Erina's supervision as she knows the truth about me and then I'm also under his guidance as he only knows that I'm just a support enchanter, quotang-quota na talaga silang dalawa sa'kin.

"What's the difference Eria?"

*Silence*

I never heard anyone calling me by my that name except him today. Sanay ako na tawagin nila akong "Asty" or even in my full name "Asteria" but calling me "Eria?" I don't know why I felt the chills hanggang sa kaloob-looban ng buto ko.

"T-that, you shouldn't c-care cause y-your only role is t-to watch over me, a-and n-not to meddle w-with my decisions and anything I want to do in my life—"

"You're stuttering, what makes you nervous? Eria?" he asked while walking slowly towards me, looking at me playfully. Paunti-unti ko nang naririnig ang bawat pagkawala ng hininga niya and I now smelled his manly scent as he now, nearly standing in front of me.

"Is it because of me?" he added, and because he's taller than me, halos tingilain ko na siya para lang salubungin ang mga titig niya. "Did you know that you're too much to handle? You're too cute."

*cough**cough*

"Is this also a part of your goddamn role? To compliment me? Hindi... kasi ganyan yung Yrus na kilala ko." I commented, he just scoffed and to my surprise, he cupped my face at halos ilang pulgada na lang ang layo ng mga mukha namin.

"Cause' I'm not the Yrus that everyone knows, I'm not the Yrus that royals, nobles and even Erina knows. I'm more than that you know? I'm now allowing you to know me more, Eria." he whispered, and between our breaths, he sealed that gap with an unexpected kiss.

The reaction that I supposed to do never happened. I should push him or even slap him so hard but I just stand still and let him savoured my lips.

His arms wrapped around my waist dahilan para manghina ng todo ang mga tuhod ko and maybe without his support, I probably fell down. He pinned me against  the wall and I even heard the deep breaths between us.