015. ━ a robot sensei and a broken foot

chapter fifteen ━ a robot sensei and a broken foot( season two, episode one )

( season two, episode one )

❝Then again, I am related to Rudy.❞

𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃. 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐒 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 of it was her own fault that she had agreed to go, but she was only now starting to regret that choice. She was lying down on the mats in the dojo, staring up at the ceiling in boredom while Rudy was trying to get Eddie to break a board despite the boy's many attempts at saying that he couldn't.

She looked over when she noticed a stuffed bunny in a karate gi being held out to her. "What's this?" she asked, sitting up on the mats.

"Another apology," Jack said, sitting down beside her as she accepted the animal with a smile. "I really am sorry again."

"Oh, you mean for inviting me to the skate park in your attempt to teach me how to skateboard but instead I broke my foot and now I'm sitting on a mat close to losing my mind?" she asked and the boy nodded.

"Yeah. That."

She chuckled softly. "I've already forgiven you, Jack," she said. "I'm the one who agreed to go. Though, I don't think anyone expected me to break a bone because of a rolling board. Then again, I am related to Rudy. The man who lost a tooth while skateboarding."

Jack tilted his head. "That's true."

Veronica looked down at the stuffed bunny sitting in her lap before furrowing her brows. "Why is it sticky?"

"Oh, I did it with Milton after going to Stickyhons with Kim."

She nodded. "Ah." She settled the animal in her hold. "Well, thank you. She's adorable. She looks like a Mopsy. You know, from Peter Rabbit."

He chuckled. "Mopsy it is."

"It must be nice." Rudy's high-pitched voice made the two teenagers look in his direction. "Just brambling about the mall, living la vida loca. I wouldn't know because I'm here twenty-four-seven. Teaching classes, paying bills, sucking the sweat stains out of these mats." Veronica wore an identical disgusted look as him. "Which reminds me... I gotta get a vacuum."

Veronica nodded. "You really do," she agreed. "Oh—uh—Bobby called earlier today and said he was coming by."

Rudy looked back at her. "What? Quick, get your gis on!" he said to Jack, Kim, and Milton.

The redhead shook his head. "I don't want to miss Bobby's big entrance."

"Oh, Bobby doesn't make those entrances anymore," Rudy said, shaking his head. "He's really starting to embrace his role as a leader, a mentor, a dignified zen master."

Veronica quirked an eyebrow upward when she heard a loud 'whoo' come from outside. She looked behind her to see Bobby walking into the dojo, coughing at the smoke surrounding him. She shifted out of the way of his stumbling and hobbled onto her crutches.