Chapter 10

Marinette's perspective

With the call ended I stared down at the phone. The choice was pretty simple and getting them to let me go wouldn't be quite hard once I mentioned how beneficial this opportunity would be to my career in fashion.

Not only that but the man was offering to get me a place in a prestigious private school, one of the best mostly known for science but was quite highly regarded in the arts.

Placing the phone down next to me I looked up at him as he was watching me. But all I could think about was what he had said. "Why do you need ladybugs help?" I questioned crossing my arms.

He leaned forward grabbing another macaroon, he'd finished two thirds of the plate. Bribing the man with them wouldn't be hard if I ever needed something. He seemed like a person who'd go for the blueberry ones.

"A avengers personal matter" he spoke but a stopping, footsteps Pepper and my parents were back "as you know we've worked with various designers but your work is different bold and bright and we'd want to work with the future generation more so interns you get to see the field and a lovely letter of recommendation from me" he answered as the door twisted open.

He looked back at me with a smug smile present as though I thought about it, he was a good liar. If I get lucky I could learn something from him.

"I'll consider your offer if, if I get a letter recommendation from Ms. Potts to'' I bargained, he wasn't the only one walking away with more than what's on the table.

His eyes widened ever so slightly as though he hadn't been expecting my words let alone a consideration instead of a flat out yes like he planned on getting.

His eyes grew with something of interest before nodding, "what do you say Pepper?" he said, turning his head slightly to face her as she and my parents made their way back to the couch, taking a seat beside me.

"I'd be more than happy to, your designs are quite exquisite and I'd be honoured to work with such a talented designer." she spoke quite formally yet held a bright smile as though slightly amused by my previous comment.

"Well then, we'll leave you with the necessary paperwork if you do choose to agree along with our card, thank you again for meeting with us on such notice it has been truly a delight to meet you and try your delicious pastries" Pepper spoke raising from her seat and shaking both mama and papa's hands.

Mr. Stark followed suit, "could we get your card to actually I'd love to have you cater any events we have in France the macaroons were delicious I'd love to take some back with me" he spoke as he shook their hands. Papa's face grinned as he led them down to the bakery.

I stood back and looked down at the papers they left. A small card was sitting underneath the plate or macaroons.

'Meet me at the roof of Notre Dame to talk details' was messily scrawled not only that but a small bug that apparently was a ladybug was drawn underneath.