Chapter 5 - Littered Illness

Ever since Jooice has been turned into scribbles, he has been spreading glowing, red liquid everywhere. The trees were littered with the corruption, the grass, the house's, even the plants!

"Jooice, I'm sorry, but you have to stay in one place."
Muffin ordered.
"Otherwise we'll be corrupted with the red liquid! I can't deal with more corruption, ever since Tbh ran away." Muffin informed.
"He might be in the shadows, lurking around to corrupt someone else. So please, pick a place, tell me."

"My house."
Jooice rasped.
"Even though I'm dead, I'll kill someone if they come in."

   Muffin nodded, and watched Jooice go in the direction of his old home.
Jooice made a trail of red liquid that was oozing from his arms.
I feel...so, so strange...ugh.
  Jooice thought. His mind clouded with the weird feeling that he felt, even pain.

"Never thought ghosts could feel pain." Jooice thought out loud.

      As Jooice came inside his old home, he saw Oof sobbing. But no tears due to their form.

"Everyone blames me!" Oof sobbed.
"It's not my fault!"

   Jooice sat next to Oof, having sympathy, as he too feels the same way. Oof looked at him, his fire head was dim, he was upset. The scribbled ghost looked right at Oof's X's, the look of sympathy was flooded in his eye's.

"It's alright, we need to move on. The events already happened..."
Jooice began.
"I don't blame you, you were scared. I was scared of Woolf, but I didn't run, I stayed trying to fight him.
I failed ,obviously, but you were scared, so was I about telling the rest the truth about Woolf."

"I...I guess your right."
Oof admitted.
"But I'm just a coward! Nothing less, nothing more!"

"No, you are not!"
Jooice scowled.
"You spied on Laff! Now that takes some courage, I wouldn't even do that!"

   Oof smiled at his praise, was he really brave for doing that?

"I didn't realize...!"
Oof admitted.
"I'll leave your house, if that's what you wish."

"No, no!"
Jooice quickly added.
"Stay, someone will just remind you, tell you that your a coward. Even though your not!"

  Oof smiled more, the praise of Jooice was what he needed. A corrupted soul, saying that they didn't blame him! That was enough to comfort him.

   Jooice was telling Oof stories that happened in his house.
The time the roof flew because of a heavy storm, or the time the houses windows broke due to hail.

   Oof was laughing at his stories, his fire head was bright and tall. He was finally free from the blame he had gained. Jooice now told stories of his childhood, himself laughing at his own stupidity.

"Man! Thanks for telling me all these stories!"
Oof giggled.
"I wish I was like you..."

"Don't, sometimes bad things happen."
Jooice spat.
"And you'll be kinda depressed, I'm corrupted. I have been told to stay in one location, as I spread the corrupting liquid everywhere."

"All because of me..."

"Don't you fucking say that!"
Jooice scowled.
"It's because of my stupidity! I dared Tbh to go there, I got myself corrupted, I basically killed myself!"

   Oof looked at Jooice, horrified, he only just then realized that Jooice had a worst blame then him.
Jooice yowled in pain, the corruption hurting him as it turned night.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing..."
Jooice rasped.

Nothing you can do.
Jooice added silently. Oof just sat next to Jooice, his face full of worry.
Jooice was wincing in pain, red liquid now pouring from his arms.

"Should I get Muffin or-?"
Off asked, worried.

"No, there's no point-"
Jooice cut himself off.
"OOF, GET OUT THE WAY!"

  Jooice jumped towards Oof's direction, Oof dashed out of they way.
Tbh fell on the ground, as he tried to pounce on Oof. Jooice pinned him to the ground, Oof was stunned.

"Get Muffin, now!"

    Oof nodded, quickly flying away towards Muffin. Tbh struggled underneath Jooice, his attempts of freeing himself failed.

"I won't let you harm Oof."
Jooice snarled.

   Tbh growled in response,
"Yeah? I'll just get you then!"

   Tbh flipped over, making Jooice fall awkwardly. Then, the corrupted crab pinched at Jooice's arm, knowing that he can spread the corruption easier that way. Jooice yowled in pain, his arms that were red turning into Red-voilet.
       Luckily, he managed to throw Tbh off. The corrupted crab made a sound of a war cry, his X's glowing. Jooice tried to run, but got shoved into the ground. His strength was running out, his power to keep Tbh off of him was weak. He felt his life draining away, Jooice closing his eye's as corruption took over him.

"I'm sorry, Oof."
Jooice whispered.

   Then, Muffin flew right through the wall, towering over Tbh. Jooice was pulled to aside by Oof.

"You alright?"
Oof asked, shaking with fear.

"I can't handle the corruption any longer."
Jooice rasped.
"I'll be controlled by the corruption soon, but promise me this. Don't blame yourself for what happened, please, I beg of you. And if I become corrupted forever, then so be it. Your fire, fierce and powerful! And you'll protect us all, I know it."

   Oof managed to shed a tear, it was made of kerosene. He nodded, he promised to fulfill the plead of the almost corrupted soul.
        Muffin managed to make Tbh leave, and quickly went to Jooice.
He tried to do something, but it didn't work, he didn't have Dino with him.

"I'm so sorry, I cannot help you."
Muffin said, his words full of sorrow.
"Hopefully we can, eventually, Oof we need to leave now."

    Oof looked at Muffin, then at Jooice. He wanted Jooice to come with them, but he knew he couldn't let the corruption spread. They left Jooice there to suffer from the corruption, Oof felt so bad about it.

Why does this have to be a long painful process for them?
Oof asked himself. His feet wanted him to go back, next to Jooice. But he forced them to keep moving forward, Muffin sighed.

"I hope Dino energy's is up, we need him."
Muffin began.
"If we're gonna cure this corruption."

Man, I don't know what happened to the plot but it made a 360° turn on its self.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed and see you again soon!

Happy Reading!