Chapter 21: Royal Request

It had been a week full of training, invention, capture, and excavation before it was announced that Historia was ready to be crowned.

If I had to guess, she was taught the basics and then told what she'd have to wear, and do, upon her inauguration.

I was happy, but I had a request for the queen to be. It wouldn't be easy to see her but I was desperate. That meant I had to talk to Erwin for an official business document, and I'd have to bring her letter with me.

Within the day I had sent a letter to Historia regarding my request for her audience, I got a response.

She told me to meet her in the palace gardens at noon the next day where we would discuss what I wanted.

Filled with hope, I rose that morning and got dressed in my ceremonial suit. We hardly got to wear them, but they were intended for high class events anyway, not for regular wear.

The long coat was intended to display more formally rather than combative, so it was perfect for banquets or gatherings that held all branches of our government.

The only downside is that it was heavy and didn't help combat the elements.

If it was hot, sweat was a given. If it was cold, it would let you freeze.

Satisfied with my looks in the mirror, I left with the letter in my breast pocket and made my way to Erwin's office.

"Where are you off to?" Levi asked as I reached my goal. Right as my hand touched the doorknob too.

"Oh.. uhm... I'm going to visit Historia." I said in return, suddenly feeling my palms getting sweaty.

Shit I let it slip.

Did I mention I felt awkward around him? No?

Well, I totally did. Since that dream, I felt attracted to Levi in a new way, which scared me beyond words. That and I didn't want him to know what I was seeing Historia for. It was a surprise.

"What're you seeing that brat for?" He asked seriously, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall.

I swallowed the nervousness and made eye contact with Levi. That was a mistake, his eyes were observing me - reading my every reaction.

I was screwed. "I'm seeing her for an important reason. That's all you need to know."

His eyes narrowed, making me shudder in fright. "You've been avoiding me. Why? Did I go too far?" He asked, definitely referring to our night together.

I shook my head rapidly and waved my hands at him. "No! No! It's not you..." I let out a defeated sigh. "You were perfect. It's me that's the problem. I..." I held my breath for a moment, thinking about what to say next.

"You?" He asked expectantly, raising a thing brow in question.

"I got flustered. That's all. I'm sorry I made you worry. I'm still not used to sleeping with you..." I shuffled in my feet and went to say more, but Erwin opened his door and looked down at us with a teasing gaze.

"Are you telling me two of my soldiers, and my best friends no less, spent the night together? When was this? Obviously, Hanji doesn't know." Erwin said, chuckling a bit. I flared red, and nearly punched the giant before me.

"It wasn't like that." Levi and I both objected quickly. Too quickly it seemed, because seconds later Erwin let out a deep rumbling laugh.

All I needed to do was sign a document, and take it with me as an official grant to let me into the palace.

I wasn't here to get embarrassed.

"Well as long as it doesn't affect your work it's still permissible. Now, I believe you wanted to go to the palace. Historia wrote to me as well. She has also requested that you bring an additional soldier to ensure your safe journey." Erwin stepped aside and let us in. He then shut the door behind us and walked over to the chair behind his desk.