Chapter 1.5

Vergil- x

Earlier -x

The sensation of hot water hitting my back soothes my tense muscles as I lean my forehead against the shower wall, my white hair falling against my face like a small curtain. I deeply sigh as my very disciplined mind has been thrown into chaos ever since I have returned from the Underworld with Dante. I had reserved myself to spending the rest of eternity sparring, but Dante had other plans. I punch the wall, my fist remaining there, as one of the many visions that has haunted me for years surfaces. I had buried the memory of her with the last bit of my humanity a long time before. Yet, one of the most private moments makes its way to the forefront of my thoughts, now, pushing through the weak barrier of my locked feelings.

The feeling of nails digging into my back causes a feral growl to emanate from me as I bite her shoulder hard. Her pleasured gasps and moans fill my ears as I pick up the rhythm of my hips, holding her as close as physically possible. To say she feels good is an understatement. She is truly divine.

I taste the blood from her shoulder, but lick over the wound gently, knowing it will leave a slight scar. She calls out my name as I hit the most sensitive spot within, her fingers finding their way to my hair, pulling me up to kiss her. The taste of her lips is like the sweetest nectar ever blessed in existence.

The deep desire, that has been recently reignited, stirs in my lower abdomen, releasing downward into my groin, and I growl in frustration. I try to will this desire to disappear as I maintain my posture as I exhale, choosing to recall quickly the damned conversation that began this issue to begin with. I crank the water from the shower to become hotter, dismissing the mild discomfort it causes me.

"Hey," Dante calls out from the other end of the path, pointing his blade at me, "I held back on a little detail earlier when I was telling you about Nero. Are you sure you want to know what I found out?"

I roll my eyes and scoff. What do I care about this triviality? Surely, discovering I had a son with some nameless woman proved to be quite amusing, as pleasures of the flesh have never been a top priority to me, but I am not the man to be looked at as father of the year. I had a very poor example of what an engaged, warm father should be and as well, I have finally collected myself as a whole once more; the Alpha and the Omega. The boy grew up fine without me. What more could I provide to him now aside from being a sparring partner for a test of strength and to antagonize a wound I could never hope to repair?

"I could honestly care less, Dante. But certainly, enlighten me with this pointless banter so we can continue our sparring without senseless distractions."

"Does the name Lapis Lazuli sound familiar?"

I feel my blood turn to frost at the mention of her name. It feels like time halts as I recall the most precious token and memory in my life I did not think I would have to share with anyone. Ever. She was mine and mine alone. My teeth grit and I feel my knuckles turn white as I grip the hilt of the Yamato and angle it in a reverse style stance. Why does he know her name? HOW does he know her name? I will not allow or entertain Dante speaking of her. Especially with that damn look on his face.

"I see I touched a nerve my dear brother. Now come on, let me explain before you lose your temper. Oh come on!"

I swing with a trained precision as I recall those tender lips, porcelain skin, and the most pleasing cerulean eyes I have ever laid my eyes upon. Not to mention the sound of her melodious voice, both with and without song. Something within my abdomen rouses and it begins to ignite through my entire body. I sidestep and then lunge, calling upon muscle memory as I slash continuously, missing him ever slight each time. Much to my annoyance and likely from my distraction. I spit out, my frustration very evident.