Chapter 9 - Father's Day

The Doctor and I are in the counsel room. I'm sitting on the floor playing with a pen while the Doctor is doing something to the counsel. When Rose came in to tell us a story our mother told us about her biological father. "Who's that? It's your daddy. You weren't old enough to remember when he died. 1987, 7th of November. Do you remember what I told you? The day that Stuart Hoskins and Sarah Clarke got married. He was always having adventures. Oh, he would have loved to have seen you now."

"That's what Mum always says. So I was thinking,Could we, could we go and see my dad when he was still alive?" Rose asked, I looked up from my spot. "Where does this come from, all of a sudden?" The Doctor asked, confused. I rolled my eyes knowing exactly why she came now. It wasn't for me or the adventure, it was to save her father from death.

" All right then, if we can't, if it goes against the laws of time or something, then never mind, just leave it." Rose spoke sighing leaning against the counsel. "No, I can do anything. I'm just more worried about you. Angel? Would you like to see your father also?"

"You do know we don't share the same father right?" I asked, the Doctor smiled cheekily "of course I did. I was just testing you sweetie" I smiled at him. "Right…well I want to see him" Rose spoke up. "Well, Your wish is my command, but be careful of what you wish for" the Doctor said and started to do stuff. "Can I learn how to drive the TARDIS?" I asked, The Doctor smiled and nodded. "Sure why not" I stood up, putting the pen down and doing what the Doctor told me to do excitedly.

I am wearing a cute little pink shirt with a kitten on it and wearing a white skirt that went to my mid thigh. I wore my sneakers to the wedding. "I, Peter Alan Tyler, take you, Jacqueline Angela Suzette Prentice" Pete said and I grabbed the Doctor's hand watching the beautiful moment and seeing my mother so happy. I didn't notice but the Doctor was staring at me with a soft loving look.

"Oh, just carry on. It's good enough for Lady Di." Jakie said with a smile. "I thought he'd be taller." Rose said, looking at her father. "To be my lawful wedded wife, to love and behold till death do us part."

The end of the wedding

"I want to be married one day Doctor" I look up at him with hopeful eyes. "I'm sure you will," The Doctor grins. "You will be there right? Promise you'll be there" I demanded him to be there one day. The Doctor nodded "I promise I will be at your wedding" he promised and I smiled happily.

In the TARDIS

"My mother told me that he died by himself with no one with him. I want to be that someone so he doesn't die alone." Rose said. "So, Angel want to press on November 7th…" the Doctor looked at Rose. "1987" Rose replied.

The Doctor pointed at stuff telling me what to do. "Then just pull the lever" I place my hand upon the lever and pulled the lever down. It was a little rocky since it was my first time. When it landed the Doctor stuck his head out then back inside. "You did amazing for your first time by yourself kind of." He praised me and I smile happily.

Then we left the Tardis. "It's so weird. The day my father died. I thought it'd be all sort of grim and stormy. It's just an ordinary day." Rose said, looking around sighing. "The past is another country. 1987's just the Isle of Wight. Are you sure about this?" The Doctor asked Rose not sure if she was emotionally ready for seeing her father's death.

"Yeah" Rose said. I grabbed her hand "I'll be by your side Rosey. Emotional support!" I cried out playfully causing Rose to smile. Then they walked to Jordan Rd.

"This is it. Jordan Road. He was late. He'd been to get a wedding present, a vase. Mum always said, That stupid vase." Rose stated as a Green van went around the corner. "He got out of the car" the van pulled up into the curb. "And crossed the road. Oh God, This is it" Rose said, squeezing my hand tightly.