Seven

READER

~The next day~

It was 5:30 AM, and Namjoon had just woken up to the sound of squeaking. He turned on his crappy light and looked around, squinting as he got used to the brightness.

He made a noise of disgust when he saw a family of rats in one of the broken floor boards in the far corner. There wasn't much he could do about it, unless he wanted to wake up Mr and Mrs. Kim, so he rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.

Namjoon tossed and turned for several minutes before groaning in frustration. He knew that he couldn't sleep because he was thinking about Seokjin; he was beginning to think that Jin actually was the Kim's son.

He sat up in his bed and rubbed his eyes with his palms. His eyes were half closed as he tried to stay awake, his hair sticking up everywhere. Seokjin, who was in the vents spying on Namjoon again, found this funny.

Namjoon jumped out of his skin when he heard the tiny giggle, but seemed to know exactly who it was.

"Seokjin?" he whispered, squinting his eyes at the vent. He couldn't see anything due to the darkness, so he pulled out his phone flashlight and shone it on the vent.

Jin jumped back as the sudden blinding light hit his eyes. Namjoon could've swore he hissed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," Namjoon quickly apologized. "Erm, what are you doing in there?"

Jin looked down at his hands as he mumbled something that Namjoon couldn't hear.

"Do you want to come in?" Namjoon asked, seeing that the boy didn't like his previous question. Jin nodded and Namjoon got up, taking off the vent cover for him.

Jin crawled out, ignoring Namjoon's supportive hand. The younger dropped his hand to his side when he saw that Jin wasn't going to take it.

Jin helped himself to looking around the room as Namjoon sank back down onto his mattress. He seemed to have not noticed the rats in the corner as he continued to wander, or maybe he just didn't care.

When he was done looking around, he sat on the ground beside Namjoon and poked his cheek, which was bruised from all the times that he had been hit by Mr. Kim.

"Who?" he questioned, repeatedly poking Namjoon's cheek.

"Oh, nobody," Namjoon blushed at the boy's contact with his face.

Jin hummed and sat back, watching Namjoon's face. He seemed to have known who did it anyways.

"What are you doing up so early, Seokjin?" Namjoon asked, ruining the silence.

Jin simply shrugged, not wanting Namjoon to know the reason why; he liked to watch Namjoon's handsome, sleeping face.

"Why are you?" Jin shot back. Namjoon was surprised that he got more than one word out of Jin.

"Couldn't sleep," Namjoon shrugged.

"Why?"

Namjoon thought that he would overwhelm Jin again if he told him the real answer, so he quickly lied.

"Not sure," he smiled. They conversed for about thirty minutes, Namjoon trying to get to know as much about Jin as he could. Jin was definitely warming up to him now; he even told Namjoon some small things about himself such as his favourite colour is pink and he's twenty years old, though he didn't know his own birthday.

Namjoon glanced at the alarm clock to read the time. It was 6:04 AM. A lightbulb lit up on Namjoon's head.

"Hey, wanna watch the sunrise? It's almost time," Namjoon asked. Jin seemed unsure of what to say. "It's okay if you don't want to, I just thought it'd be cool."