Fourteen

READER

Namjoon was sitting on Jin's bed, thinking, while the elder tended to the bloody gash on his cheek.

Both of them knew what "meet me at the shoreline" meant; Mr. Kim was going to drown Namjoon like so many butlers before him.

"What if we get caught, Joon?" Jin asked, dabbing Namjoon's cheek with a wet cloth.

Namjoon grabbed his hands and looked in him the eye softly. "For the last time, baby, we won't," he comforted, kissing Jin's hand.

Jin smiled as his confidence and continued to dab his cheek. Namjoon sat there looking up at Jin, admiring his beautiful features when he focused. His eyebrows were slightly scrunched and his tongue poked out, and Namjoon couldn't help but giggle.

"What?" Jin asked, confused.

"Nothing," Namjoon smiled. Jin hummed and went back to dabbing his cheek.

They had absolutely no idea what they were doing. All they knew was that Namjoon would be drowned at midnight, and they still had no plan to escape. Namjoon wanted to have a solid plan, while Jin was all for improvising. They decided to just run.

All they knew is they had to escape, and that time came very soon after Namjoon finished making dinner. While the Kim's were eating, Namjoon crept to Jin's room. He had spent all of dinner making an incredibly hard decision, and he was finally ready to share with Jin.

When Namjoon crawled out of the vent, inviting himself into Jin's room. He sat on his bed and nervously chewed his tongue. All through dinner, the only thing he could think of was what he would be telling Jin; he didn't want to put Jin through all this, so he planned to just let Mr. Kim drown him. It was a very hard choice, as he loved Seokjin and Taehyung more than anything in the world, but he was bringing so much harm to Jin's life and Taehyung seemed happy with Jungkook.

He played with his hands, overthinking, before Jin entered his room. He got up immediately and wrapped his arms around Jin.

"What's this for?" Jin giggled, hugging him back.

"We need to talk, baby," Namjoon said, leading him to the bed. A million negative thoughts entered Jin's head; is he gonna break up with me? Is he gonna tell me I'm a disgrace?

Jin sat beside Namjoon, looking up at him worriedly. He grabbed Namjoon's bigger hand and held on tightly, his heart beating loudly.

"Seokjin... I'm gonna let him do it."

"W-what?" Jin said quietly, hoping he misheard him. "Namjoon, please don't."

"Baby, I'm making your life too hard, it would be easier if I just let him do it. We don't even have a plan, he's gonna catch us."

"But you were so confident in us," Seokjin whispered, the tears starting to fall.

"I know, but if we get caught, you'll die too. I could never live with myself if I was the cause of that." Namjoon said with a sad smile.

"Namjoon, please!" Jin sobbed. "I can't live without you!"

He moved forward and sat on Namjoon's lap, crossing his legs behind the younger's back and wrapping his arms around his torso.

"Shh, it's all gonna be okay," Namjoon soothed, holding the sobbing boy tight.

"N-no it's not! Please don't Namjoon, stay with me, let's run away together," he sniffled. Namjoon put his face in the crook of his neck to hide his own tears.

"It's easier this way, baby," just at that moment, the church bell for 11:00 PM rang somewhere outside.

"Thank you for everything, Seokjin," he whispered, gently slipping out from under Jin. He was almost at the door when Jin ran at him and jumped on his back.

"Namjoon, please! Stay here!" he cried. Namjoon shook him off and cupped his cheeks, kissing him softly. Jin pulled him closer and gripped onto his clothes, crying into the kiss.

"Goodbye, my love," Namjoon smiled sadly, slipping out the door as he removed Jin from his clothing. He shut the door, leaving Jin sobbing.