Cursed Plan

[Caution: Contents within this chapter contain themes of abuse and violence]

Approaching the castle on royal steads, the group gazed at the Gates of the Red Kingdom.

"Endex are you sure this will work?" Akira asked.

"I sure hope it does." Endex replied.

As the large doors opened, Blake stepped inside the large throne room with Nari close behind her. 

"Sire, the cat has returned." A guard bowed to the king.

The King looked to Blake, who nervously bowed in front of him. 

"Your late." He said as he slammed his spear into the ground.

"I-I know... I-I'm sorry sir.. but.. I've come with results.." Blake said, standing up straight.

The King arose from his throne and stepped down, making his way to the nervous cat. The King stood tall compared to Blake, her ears flattened in fear.

"You are sure.. that this girl.. is Alice's descendant." The King asked.

"Da..." Blake muttered.

The King grasped Blake's throat, raising her up to his eye level. She grabbed a hold of his arm as she struggled to breathe.

"And how can I be sure that you aren't lying to me, hm?" The King whispered to her.

Blake struggled for air, "You asked for Alice Kingsleigh.. and I brought you Nari Kingsleigh.." Blake muttered.

"I'm Nari Kingsleigh, grand daughter of Alice Kingsleigh.. now put her down." Nari demanded.

"Hm.. Demanding are we?" The King smiled, tossing Blake aside.

Blake coughed as she gasped for air, looking over to Nari.

"Nari, was it? Tell me.. do you know who I am?" He asked.

"I do." Nari said firmly.

"Then you know why you are here, yes?"

"I don't know entirely.. why don't you enlighten me?" Nari asked with a smug look.

"Well.. If the cat hasn't said much to you, then there is nothing to say." The King explained. 

"What the hell does that even mean?" Nari asked.

"It means that you.. nor this cat, are going anywhere, anytime soon." The King said.

"Vait.. Vait de deal vas I bring you de human and you free me and my father.." Blake pleaded.

The King chuckled as he walked back to his throne, brushing his two fingers on the side of his spear. 

"No.." He chuckled, "The deal.. was that you bring me the human girl that descends from Alice Kingsleigh and I consider.. freeing your father." He explained, "But their was nothing about freeing you.." 

Blake was lost for words, watching as he slowly wrapped his fingers around the handle of his spear. This isn't a bargain.. Blake pondered. She swiftly turned around as the King picked up his spear. 

Once she turned around to meet Nari's clueless expression she yelled, "Nari Run!!!" She exclaimed then yelped in pain as the King's spear skimmed her arm, before impaling the wall. 

Nari jumped at the spear hitting only a few inches away from her. 

"Nari I said GO!" Blake exclaimed, extending her hand to blink her away but the King threw a smaller weapon at Blake's other arm.