Chapter eight

I returned to the football table in a daze. Jimin leans against the table with competitive look on his face. Jisoo was squealing and laughing. Namjoon still hasn't come back.

  Jisoo looked up from the game. "So? What happened? What did he tell you?"

  "Nothing. I told him to stop bothering me. He left." My voice sounded dull.

  "He didn't looked mad while he walked out" says Jimin. "Whatever you told him, definitely didn't work."

  "Thats a pity" says Jisoo. "I was hoping for something exciting."

  "Can we play now?" Jimin asked. "Im hungry for that winning Pizza."

  "Yes, if Namjoon comes back soon", says Jisoo. "I have a feeling he doesn't like us too much. He's always disapearring. I feel like its a none verbal sign."

  "Are you kidding? He likes you guys", says Jimin a bit too fast. "Just, it takes him long time to approve strangers. Ill go get him. Stay here."

  As soon as me and Jisoo were left alone, I said: "You know I will kill you, right?"

  Jisoo raised her hands up and said:" I made you a favor. Jimin is crazy over you. When you left, I told him, that, like, ten guys ask you out every day. You should've seen his face. he could barely overcome his jealousy."

  I whined.

  "This is the law of supply and demand" says Jisoo. " Who would've thought that economy would come in handy?"

I looked at the door of the playhouse. "I need something."

  "You need Jimin."

  "No, I need sugar. Lots of sugar. I need cotton candy." I need an eraser big enough to erase all the evidence of Taehyung from my life. Specially talking to me in my mind. I shivered. How was he doing that? And why to me? Unless....I was imagining him. Just like how I imagined hitting somone with a car.

  "I could eat some sugar too", says Jisoo. " I saw cotton candy stand by the park entrance, when we arrived. I will stay here so Namjoon and Jimin dont think we ran away, and you go get Cotton candy."

  After leaving, I returned to the main entrance, but when I found the stand with cotton candy, my attention was drawn by a scene a little further down the path. Archangel rose above the treetops.The wagon snake whizzed along the glowing rails and tumbled down, out of sight.I wondered why Taehjung wanted us to meet. I felt a cramp in my stomach and probably should have taken that as an answer, but despite my best intentions, I found myself continuing down the path towards the Arkangel.

  I kept up with the crowd of pedestrians, never taking my eyes off the distant tracks of the Arkangel that wound through the sky. The wind was no longer fresh, but icy, but that was not the reason for my increasing discomfort. That feeling came back to me. That cold, eerie feeling that someone is watching me.

  I looked around on both sides. Nothing unusual in the peripheral field of vision. I turned a full 180 degrees. Not far behind me, standing on a small green patch of trees, a hooded figure turned and disappeared into the darkness.

  While my heart was beating fast, I overtook the big group of people, increasing the distance between me and that guy. After a few big steps, I looked back. I didn't see anyone following me.

  As I turned forward, I bumped into someone, "I'm sorry!" I shot out, trying to regain my balance.

  Taehyung grinned down at me. "It's hard for me to resist."

  I blinked, lifting my gaze up to him. "Leave me alone." I tried walking past him, but he grabbed my forearm.

  "What's wrong? You look like you're about to vomit."