Chapter seventeen

The whole Saturday was filled with cold rain, and I was sitting by the window watching it spray in paddles on the ground. In my lap was a Hamlet book, pen behind my ear and empty hot chocolate cup next to my legs. The paper with questions about the book was still empty on the mini desk next to me just like it was when my teacher handed it to me two fays before. Its still bad.

My mom went on yoga like half an hour ago, and even tho I practice few ways of telling her about my date with Taehyung, I let her leave without performing neither of them. I told myself it was no big deal, that I am seventeen and I can go out whenever I want to, but hand on heart, I had to at least tell her im going out. Perfect. Now I'll feel guilty the whole night.

When the old clock in the hallway rang, informing me that it was already half past five, I happily threw the book to the side and Ran upstairs to my room. I thundered through most days dealing with homework and house chores, that enabled me to think about my date tonight. But now that im in finishing minutes, tense anticipation drowned out everything else. Wether I wanted to think about it or not, Taehyung and I had some unfinished business. Our last kiss was interrupted. That kiss have to be finished sooner or later. I didn't doubt whether I wanted it to be finished, I just wasn't sure if Im ready for it to happen tonight. On top of that, it didn't help that Jisoo's warning kept popping up at me like a red flag. Stay away from Taehyung.

I stood in front of mirror and looked at myself critically. Make up was on minimum, just one stroke of mascara. Hair too much like dry bushes, but that was nothing new. My lips could use a bit of lipgloss. I licked my bottom lip, giving it a wet glow. Because of that I thought about my almost kiss with Taehyung and heat showered over me. If almost kiss can do something like this, I wonder what could a real kiss do. My reflection smiled.

"Its not important", I said to myself, trying on the earrings. The first pair was very round and blue....and too attacking. I put them down and tried with the ones in tear shape. Better. I wondered what Taehyung has in mind. Dinner? Cinema? "Just like a biology study date", I said to my reflection "just.... without biology and without studying."

I hooked up my skinny jeans and shoes. I wrapped blue silk scarf around my waist, I adjusted it over the torso and tied it behind the neck, to get a blouse with open back. I ruffled my hair and heard knock on the door.

"Coming!" I yelled while running down the stairs.

I checked myself in the hallway mirror one more time, and then I opened the door revealing two men standing in my front porch.

"Jennie kim", Says inspector J-Min, lifting his police licence up. "We meet again."

I needed some time to get my voice out. "What are you doing here?"

He tittled his head. "Yiu remember my partner, inspector Ahh Bo-Hyun. Can we come in and ask you a couple of questions?" It didn't sound like he was asking for permission. Actually, it sounded like a threat.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked, looking at them both.

"Is your mom home?" Inspector J-Min asked.

"No, shes in Yoga class. Why? What's happening?"

They wiped their shoes and walked in.

"Can you explain to me what happened between you and Lisa Manoban in library, Wednesday Evening?" Asked the inspector Ahh Bo-Hyun, sitting on the couch. Inspector J-Min continued standing, looking at the family photos placed on top of the fireplace.

I needed some time to answer the question. Library. Wednesday Evening. Lisa Manoban.

"Is Lisa okay?" I asked. There was no doubt that I didnt like Lisa. But that didn't mean I want something bad to happen to her or, even worse, danger. I also didn't want her to get in danger that involves me.