𝟎𝟏𝟒. 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄, 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒

chapter 14;
nothing more, nothing less.
゚・*☆¸¸.•*¨*•*✧・゚: *✧・゚: •*¨*•.¸¸☆*・゚

   ┏━━━━━•❃°•°•°•°❃•━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━•❃°•°•°•°❃•━━━━━┛

❀ LUCY

"SO THIS IS IT?" CAROL ASKED AFTER THEY'D BEEN WALKING IN SILENCE FOR A WHILE. "There's nothing else to check?" She bit down on her quivering lip, hard enough the draw blood. "M-my little girl lost in the woods another night."

Daryl sighed, spinning on his heels to face the group. He hadn't said anything since giving Lori his gun, pushing ahead of them to avoid any further drama. "I guess the plan is to whittle us down into smaller and smaller groups-"

"Carrying knives and pointy sticks," Andrea said, placing her hands on her hips. "I see you've got a gun."

Lucy shifted nervously. If she had to guess from everyone's narrowing eyes, she'd say her mother and father weren't on any of their companion's favorite person lists. And neither Andrea nor Daryl were afraid to be vocal about their obvious dislike for Lucy's parents.

"Why? you want it," Lori snapped at Andrea, holding the pistol out to the blonde woman. "Here take it. I'm sick of the looks you're givin' me and my daughter."

Andrea rolled her eyes, grabbing the gun from Lori's outstretched hand quickly. As if the woman would pull the gun away at a moment's notice. Lori sat down on the log, running her hands through her hair. She'd been looking a bit green since they started on the journey back to the highway.

The sickly 96° heat wasn't doing much to help. Even the two Grimes girls seeking refuge under a canopy of trees couldn't stop the beads of sweat from dripping down Lucy's brow. From glistening on Lori's freckled skin.

Hopefully, Carl and her dad were getting on better than the rest of them. The pair opted to stay back, to search the surrounding area for Sophia a bit more. Shane having stayed back with them, far enough from Lucy that she could breathe without his irritating presence bringing her down. Without his presence putting her mom on edge, as he had been doing for the past week or so.

Lucy sat down next to her mom, rubbing small circles into her back the way she always did for Lucy when she was upset. Lori smiled appreciatively at her daughter, turning her nose up at the rest of the party. Gawking at the mother and daughter as if they were a zoo attraction.