𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐘

chapter two;
the same day, every day.

゚・*☆¸¸.•*¨*•*✧・゚: *✧・゚: •*¨*•.¸¸☆*・゚

┏━━━━━•❃°•°•°•°❃•━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━•❃°•°•°•°❃•━━━━━┛

LUCY

THE DAYS AT THE QUARRY REFUGE CAMP TICKED BY AT AN EXCRUCIATING SLOW PACE. Consisting of morning chores, followed by an afternoon of babysitting Carl and Sophia or helping Dale keep watch.

Lucy's new life felt strange. Slow even - too much time left to think about her father, her family, and the state of the world. At first, she had her M-Player, a gift from her parents last Christmas, but it died about a week ago. After Carl used it one night to fall asleep and forgot to shut the music off. Draining the battery dry before morning arrived.

The fight Lucy and Carl got in after she discovered his mistake was enough for Lori to have to separate the Grimes siblings. Leaving Lucy to be watched by Shane (as if she was twelve years old!) and Carl by her, across camp.

Now, without the music to drown out her thoughts, Lucy had a lot of time on her hands. Time spent remembering her father, and his untimely demise which would leave a gaping hole in her chest, forevermore.

Shane shook his head, cleaning his rifle. "Be glad you get the chance to be bored Luce," he told her, creating an even bigger pit in the girl's stomach.

Great, on top of everything else, she was also being ungrateful. A spoiled little brat.

So, as her mother suggested, she kept her mind busy with extra chores around camp -- a way to also get to know a lot of the other people. So far, her favorites were Amy Harrison and Oliver Harmon. Although she wouldn't let Dale hear her say that, the older man quickly became a close third.

Nothing helped. Even with the relative safety the camp brought, the bombing of Atlanta still haunted her dreams as well as the death of her father, Rick Grimes. The dead, or geeks, as Shane began calling them, took over Atlanta after the military fled, running a muck, and leaving more dead bodies in their trail.

Word spread fast around camp on what the sickness truly was, and much to Lori's dismay, Lucy and Carl soon heard just exactly how dire the disease was. When bitten, the carrier died and then came back as something else. Something evil.