9. Mike's house

Mike's house wasn't far, only 10 minutes of walking. When I saw Mike's house... It was beautiful. White house with dark red window ledges. Grass looked green, even tough now is Autumn. I saw back of his house was one apple tree. The garage's door was open, there was motorcycle and car.

We walked inside and a nice smell flew to my nose. I would get used to this, I'm getting tired of smelling alcohol everytime I step into house. We walked straight to the kitchen and found Jessica there.

"Hey Jess, this is Chester" Mike presented me to his sister.

"Heyy Chester! I'm Mike's older sister" she said and smiled sarcastically to Mike, waving her hand friendly to me.

"Only three minutes" Mike muttered to Jessica, then he fluffed Jessica's hair.

Mike opened the door next to kitchen. First I thought it was just a food cabinet, but it was a door to downstairs. We walked down, I closed the door after us. There was next door and Mike opened it, and the room seemed to be Mike's room.

His room was amazing. And larger than mine. There was small but long window near the ceiling, bed under it. TV in the corner, couch front of it. Mike had guitar, and painting stuff and a large drawing table. He seem to be creative person. The walls were pretty much covered with band posters. There was dark wooden door, that goes to outside. Also there was another door, what exposed to be bathroom.

"This is my room" Mike said. "And that little thing there is Ron, my half brother" he pointed at a small kid.

When we were fully down, Mike said "Ron" and he crossed his arms.

Ron was playing videogames. "Get out"

"I don't want to" Ron insisted.

"I have a friend over so you have to leave now, thank you" Mike grabbed his sibling pulling him up from the little couch. "Get get get out. Now. Get out" Mike repeated and finally Ron left.

"Sorry about that" Mike shrugged when the door closed.

"Nahh it's fine, he's your brother" I placed my bag onto floor and took my jacket off.

"Half brother" Mike corrected.

"Is he...?" I waved my finger questioningly.

"We have same mom. Different dad. Since my dad is in jail in Japan, my parents broke up, I was about couple months old. Then my mom found a new guy and they had Ron, Ron's now 10" Mike explained.

"Oh okay. You said you've seen your dad only once, may I ask when you saw?"

"I was three, it was my birthday. I don't remember anything of that. He was sent to Japan in the same day. But I have pics of my dad, somewhere in the house"

"Can I ask what your dad did?" I asked carefully.

"Well... He did lot of stuff. He robbed lot of banks, rich people, gold and diamonds. Ryan said he was always away from home, so even he couldn't know our dad well" Mike explained, looking little shamed.

"How's your brother now?"

"He's in New York, and he's 19. He moved away when he turned 18, he and our stepfather never worked out good. And I haven't talked to him for a..... Year, I think" Mike said and sat on the couch.

"Oh okay.." I said and there was an awkward moment for the little time.

Couple minutes later, Mike said "So ummm... the xBox is open, wanna play?"

"I don't know, I've never played before" I shrugged.

"You haven't? Well now is perfect time to play! Come on, it's fun" Mike said smiling, handing me the xbox controller.