Chapter 4- Welcome Home, Barnabas Collins.

Barnabas walks through the woods, not sure if he's been imprisoned for days, months, or centuries. A light sweeps across the woods making Barnabas turned at the light. "Show yourself, Satan! Mock me not with your strange luminescence!" When the light disappears he kept walking.

Barnabas staggers out of the woods and onto a paved road. He stops and carefully steps onto the road till he is in the middle. He kneels down and scrapes the road with his nails. "Curious terrain."

The same light from before appears in the distance growing closer and closer. "What's is this? Some specter approaches. It is the eyes of the devil himself, come to drag me to my judgment." When the light was a few meters away, it turns out to be headlights. "Have at me Lucifer. My soul is prepared!"

Barnabas holds his hands arms wide and tilts his head back. The car blares its horn and swerves around him. Barnabas turns around and starts walking towards Collinsport.

Barnabas walks through the Shell gas station seeing the same car being fuel up. He then turns the corner to see a store full of electronics all light up. He hears girls walking towards him and goes into an alley waiting for them to pass.

He puts his head out to see people leaving the Roxy Theater and when they all left, he walks out. He passes a window of a pizza restaurant to see a group eating and talking not noticing him. He looks through a phone booth to see a women talking in the phone and left before the women turns around.

~~~

He walks towards the Collinwood Manor gate and pushes it making it creek. He walks till he gets a good look at the manor and starts to feel angst. "My beloved Collinwood. What have they done to you?"

Barnabas walks closer to the manor and he hears Willie singing drunk. Willie staggers and leans down to pet a pumpkin like its a puppy. Barnabas stops in front of Willie and stands straight presenting himself.

"Fear me not, drunkard. You shall not be harmed, so long as you tell me all I need to know." Willie stands up not afraid, since he is too wasted to notice something wrong with Barnabas and offers him the flask.

"Well, here's all you need to know." Barnabas bats the flask away and lifts his hand, curling and uncurling it, and hypotenuse Willie. "See me, derelict. Look into my eyes and deliver me your innermost thoughts." Willie's eyes swirl and they close since Willie was falling asleep, thus making Barnabas slaps his forehead. "Awaken."

Willie stands up straighter than before with his eyes wide. "Well done. Now tell me, the Collins family, do they endure?" Barnabas asked afraid. "A-yuh. There's four of them."

"Thank heaven. Pray, what month is it?"

"October. That's why there's pumpkins."

"What is they year?"

"'72. Wait. '71. A-yuh, 1972." The last bit gives Barnabas a shocked. "1972?" Barnabas lift his hand again, "Hear me, future-dweller. You shall be my loyal servant until such time as I release you." He lowers his arm.

"So, what first, master?" Willie says not in his drunken state anymore.

"You will cleanse me, miscreant. And then you will take me to these living Collinses you speak of." Willie nods a okay.

~~~

Barnabas walks into the foyer all cleaned up while Willie closes the door behind him. Barnabas stops and takes in the view. "Have you ever seen such majesty?"

"Every day." Willie reply's.

"The perfect marriage of European elegance and American enterprise." Barnabas walks to the statues next to them. "Nine of the finest craftsmen the world will ever know lost digit, limb, and life in the process of carving these glorious pillars." He traces one with his hands and turns around to face Willie.