- 𝟒

So Mun was sweeping the floor of the noodle shop training gym, considering what had happened during their celebration yesterday for his 19th birthday.

Everyone had a ton of fun; They had drinks, they shared stories, they drank some more, and happy they were all united like they usually are.

He smiles remembering how Hana had bought him a brand new sketchbook to draw his comics.

"Noona, thank you very much for the gift! I'll gladly use it to find evil spirits."

Hana shook her head no. "Don't use it for that. That can be your personal notebook for anything you want."

So Mun's smile when she said that made it worth the money to get him that expensive new edition, god damn it. It wasn't cheap, but it paid off in the end to see him happy like that.

Throwing away the trash that he had picked up, he was about halfway back upstairs when he heard Hana and Ms. Chu's voices.

"Didn't I tell you to buy him that bracelet?" He heard the older woman scolding the younger one. "That sketchbook is great obviously, but you really should've asked for my help!"

He didn't want to disturb their conversation so he kept quiet and just waited at the stairs, sitting down.

Hana rolled her eyes, "I already told you, he would've had the same reaction even if I had given him that damn bracelet." Ms. Chu frowned at her statement.

She continued, "Why do you also keep pestering me to talk to him? There's nothing for us to discuss anyway."

Ms. Chu gave her a "you have got to be kidding me" look. "Come on, all of us have noticed how close you and him have gotten over the past few months."

"All of us as in..?"

She counted off her fingers, "Jangmul, Motak, me, and even some customers. They said they've seen how you two look at each other." Ms. Chu raised her eyebrows teasingly at the 21 year old.

Hana scoffed. "Bullshit. How do we look at each other?"

"You told me you have a sibling-like bond, but siblings don't look at each other like that."

The harsh reality for Hana just sank in for her. "I don't like him." She made it clear.

"Just know that i'm not pestering you to get with him," Ms. Chu started. "But you might be in denial for your feelings for him. He's a wonderful person and you know that.

I've told you many times that you don't have to be searching for any love right now, especially because of our jobs, but give him a slight chance. You know how much he admires you."

Hana shook her head, "I won't do it. He just barley turned 19, and he really isn't what im looking for."

"I just told you, you don't have to do it right no–"

"And I just told you I'm not going to do it!" Hana raised her voice. Despite Ms. Chu's attempts of trying to get her to lower her voice, she ignored it.

"He has no chance. Absolutely none. Zero. Negative. I don't like him back. I won't like him back. He's younger then me, he's a newbie, and he follows me around like a lovesick puppy. It gets exhausting! Why would I willingly give him a chance?"

"Hana, quiet down, someone could–"

"I don't care! I'm just sick of his annoying behavior. I've been nice to him recently to show him that I see him as a brother, and a brother only! If only I could erase all his feelings for me, my god would that make it much more better."