Introduction

My name is Kayla. I'm 16 years old and I go to Angelwood School of Fine Arts. i can draw really good. So far I have made a painting of my bird, my baby brother, and my dog. I'm working on drawing my whole family. Which includes my baby brother, my older brother, and my mother and father.

I was drawing in the local coffee shop around the corner from my school. I was in the middle of drawing my little brother when I looked at the time. It was almost 5 o clock. I had to watch my brother at 5. I grabbed my things quickly and ran to my car. But before I got to the car, I ran into somebody.

I dropped everything,

"I'm sorry." I said dropping down to get my stuff.

"Watch where your going next time." the man mumbled. I looked up to see this man who looked to be in his 40s. I rolled my eyes and continued to pick up my stuff. Then this person picked up my stuff for me. I looked to see this man who looked to be in his 20s. He was caramel skin and had his ears pierced. He smiled.

"You good ma?" he asked handing me my oil pastels.

"Yeah. Thank you."

"Well you should look where you going next time. I don't want nothing to happen to your pretty a**." he said smiling.

"Ok I'll do so." I said smiling.

"What's your name?"

"Kayla."

"Well Kayla, I'm Don. You from around here?"

"Yeah."

"I've never seen you around here before."

"I barely am out." I said looking over at the clock. 5 o clock. "Because i can never keep track of time." I said running to my car.

"Be careful. And hopefully I can see you again." he said as I closed the door. I pealed out the parking lot to go to my house. I grabbed my things and went inside the house.

My mother was sitting on the couch. She looked at me when I came in. "Where have you been?"

"I was at the coffee house. I was leaving at 4:45 and then I dropped everything and had to pick it up and then I lost some things but this nice person helped me." I said really fast.

"Well please don't be late again. Luckily I lied to you about what time we had to go this event. We leave in 10 minutes." she said walking away. I sighed and went to my room. I put everything down and went back downstairs to get my brother. He was in his swing. He smiled when he saw me. "Hey Kaapro." I said picking him up. He wrapped his arms around my neck. Then I heard his little breathing in my ear showing that he was playing with my earring.

My older brother came in the room. "Kayla I need to use your car." I turned to face him.

"Where's your car?"

"In the shop. Come on I need it."

"You don't need it. You want it Khaleed."

"True. Can I use it please?"

"Go for it." I said walking out Kaapro's room. I went to my room and closed the door. I put Kaapro on the floor. He just started to crawl. So I let him crawl around while I did my homework.

I started to do my essay when he started to cry. I looked at him. He kept crying. I got up and picked him up. He stopped crying. "You know you spoiled right?" I asked him when the doorbell rang. I walked downstairs then opened the door. There stood the same boy/man from earlier.

"Yeah is Khaleed here?" He asked looking at me. "Hey little miss from earlier." he licked his lips. "Wassup?"

"No. He just left. Why do you want my brother? And I'm just watching my brother." I said showing my little brother.

"Well me and Khaleed are business associates." he said rubbing his hands together like Birdman.

"That's nice. If you want him, call him or look around for a purple rolls royce."

"Ok well can I have something to contact you by whenever I can't contact your brother."

I smiled. "I'm sorry but no. I gotta go." I said closing the door and mentally beating myself up for being such a dumba**. I looked at Kaapro. He smiled. "What's so funny fat boy?" I asked walking back upstairs.

Kaapro in the mm.....