Chapter Nine

Once Kaapro was asleep, I got up and got dressed. Melvin was coming to pick me up.Once I was finished, my phone rang. It was Melvin. "Yellow?" I answered.

"Blue." he said causing me to smile. We made a code when we were younger that only Megan, Melvin and I knew. Khaleed never knew. Yellow was of course Hello.

Blue is come on. Red is that someones parents were coming. Then orange was that you had to fart.

"Aight Two." I said trying to hold in my laughter thinking about our language. Two was bye.

I grabbed my bag and ran down the steps. Bout to open the front door when I felt someone on my back. I looked over my shoulder. "Can I help you?"
I saw Don's beautiful green eyes. I wanted to melt into his arms. "Where you going?" he asked as I felt his arm on my back. I was about to answer him when I felt his arm on my waist. I looked at him. "I think you should move your hands."

"Look I wanna go out with you." He admitted. I stared into his green eyes.
"Why?" I asked as his eyes roamed over my body.
"Because your beautiful." He said when his eyes finally met mine again.
I heard Melvin honk his horn. "I'll think about it. " I said getting out of his grasp. He snaked my butt.
"I'll see you later," he said biting his lip.   I walked outside to Melvin's car to see him staring at the door. I turned around to see Don standing at the door. I got in the car and stare at Melvin who looked upset.
"What's wrong?" I asked as I looked in the mirror to make sure my lip gloss was alright.
"How do you know him?" He asked through gritted teeth.
"He's Khaleed's friend." I said staring at him.
"I don't want you near him."
"Who tf do you think you are?" I asked.
"I'm your boyfriend."
"One. I never agreed to that and two even if you was my boyfriend, your not my father or mother. So you can miss me with your bs. " I said looking out the window. By then we were almost out of my driveway. Then he slammed on the brakes.
"Tf you mean? I am your boyfriend. And I have control over you."
"No you don't. You know what. Let me out." I tried to open the door.
He locked the doors.
"Get off the door." He yelled.
"Unlock the f*cking door Melvin."
We went back and forth until he went to hit me that's when something broke one of the windows in the back.
I screamed. Melvin reached over me and grabbed a gun out of the glove compartment.
He got out the car. That's when Don opened my door and pulled me out of the car.
"C'mon." He said. Tugging on my arm.
"Where do you think you're going?" Melvin asked. I winced when I saw Don pull out a gun.
"Ooohh Donny boy. Long time no see." Melvin said.
How does Melvin know Don?