Chapter Seven

I was laying down when I heard arguing downstairs. I was going to ignore it but, they got louder. I sighed and got up. Making sure I didn't press on the arm with the tattoo.
It's still pretty sore. I looked at it. I really liked it. I put on a jacket so I could cover it. Then walked downstairs. I found Khaleed and my mother arguing.
"Why would you tell him?" Khaleed asked. He was looked at me.
"What's going on?"
"You told Don that Kaapro was mine and Diana's. Why?" My mother looked at me.
"Who says that I told him?" I asked.
"He told me. Why would you tell?"
"I didn't mean to. It just came out. At least I don't say the secret I learned last night." I said pulling up sleeves. Out of habit.
"what are you talking about?" My mother and Khaleed asked.
"What you and Don do.." I said.
My mother was staring at me. Then she looked at my arm. "When you get that?" She asked angry. I looked down and pulled my sleeves over it.
"It's henna." I said. I saw Don coming in the house. He smiled at me and looked at Khaleed.
"Come on. Although you lied to me, we have business to attend to." he said kissing my mother on her cheek.
"Don't think I forgot about you." my mother said as I tried to creep up the steps. "I know a tattoo when I see one. When you get it?"
"Yesterday." I replied rolling my eyes.
"How? Why?"
"Does it matter?" I snapped. My mother looked even more angrier.
"Yes it does matter." She said grabbing my jacket. "I can't wait for your father to come home so I can tell him."
"No don't tell him." I whined. Don looked at me. He looked... sorry. Then someone rang the doorbell. Making Don look t the door. My mother looked at him.
"You just going to stand there. Or you going to answer the d*mn door."
Don opened the door. Melvin stood there. "Is Kayla here?" He asked. Don stepped back. Melvin looked at me. I could tell he had something in his hands. I walked down the steps while he stepped into the house. He had flowers in his arms.
"These are for you." he said. Handing them to me.
I looked at the flowers. Yellow roses. I smiled. "Thanks." I said. Putting the flowers on the table. I felt someone staring at me. I turned around to see Don looking at me. I turned back around to look at Melvin. He smiled.
"I'm sorry for snapping on you the other day. One of my home boys got killed. I was upset. I shouldn't have snapped on you. Do you forgive me?"
I saw Megan walking up to the door. She smiled at me. "Sup Kay, is this what you wanted to do? Kiss up to my friend?" She asked Melvin.
"Nah. I just wanted to apologize to her. I was being a d!ck."
"I know. Love ya bro-bro." she said pushing Melvin and walking into the house.
"I forgive you. Now leave me alone." I said as Don brushed past me.