Chapter - 12

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

INT. CONFERENCE TABLE, BRIDGE, CARRIER - DAY 

Steve, Tony, and Fury are gathered at a table. Hill and Iris stand to the side. Fury pulls a handful of cards out. 

FURY: These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them. 

Fury scatters them on the table. Some are wet with blood. 

IRIS: Why is it so hard for you to have a damned conversation without always having to have a fight? We lost one of ours because you couldn't stop showing how big of pompous asses the lot of you are. 

FURY: We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Think I had that coming.

Fury begins to make his way around the table to Steve and Tony.

FURY: Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number, though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers Initiative. 

Fury reaches a chair between Tony and Steve

FURY: The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes. 

Tony stands and walks out. 

FURY: Well, it's an old-fashioned notion.

IRIS: (to Steve) Look at yourself and reflect, we cannot afford to have casualties just because the two of you cannot get along.

Before going after Tony to give him a piece of her mind.

EXT. REMOTE FIELD - DAY