Zebra

(Roelynn's P.O.V.)
I was in the classroom, trying my hardest to pay attention to Paulie who was doing a presentation about the zebra. But it was difficult. "Zebra's have stripes. The stripes are like our foot and finerprints", "Roelynn" I heard my name being called by Mr Redlow. I turned my head back to the front and Paulie continued "In the breeding season they breed". I watched Ansel lift his hand up to ask a question "what is breeding?" He asked giggling. Making the whole class laugh aswell. Mr Redlow sushed the class before turning back to Paulie "what is breeding, Paulie?". "Well... uhm.. thats when they marry and then have kids". I have read somewhere that when you breed a zebra with a horse that you would get a Zorse. But why isn't it called a Hebra? I asked myself. Maybe its something to do with which species is the gender.  "Alright everyone. Its almost time to have our lunch break, so you all can go very quietly outside" Mr Redlow said after Paulie finished her presentation. I stood up ready to go but got interupted. "But you are staying inside during the break, Roelynn. I have asked you three times to pay attention. Three times! If you can't do that, then you will be staying inside to learn something more about the Zebra" he told me. "But I already now a lot about Zebra's" I said to him, "There are three species of zebras, the plains zebra, Grévy's zebra, and mountain zebra-", "no comments and no butting" Mr Redlow interputed before leaving with the rest of the class. I sighed and pulled the book open that contained information about the Zebra. "The zebra is of the class Mamal and the family equine" I read in annoyence and roughly flipped through the pages. "Baby Zebra can run 1 hour after birth". With every page I turned I grew more angrier untill eventually, I ripped a page out from the book. I let out a loud groan before throwing the book away. Making it fly through the classroom and then eventually landing ontop of the bookshelf. I looked outside at my classmates playing. After I had caed down, I decided to go grab the book and fix it. I pulled one of the chairs to the large closet so I could climb onto it. I crawled over it and reached the book. I flicked through it to find the right page. Then suddenly the door to the classroom opened and in walked everyone. "What the-" Mr Redlow mumbled as his eyes locked onto me. He pushed past his students, making his way to me. "My Zebra book!" Paulie yelled as she found the ripped out page. "Are you out of your mind?!" Mr Redlow yelled at me, "come down, immediatly". With every word he yelled he got more and more angrier. "Get down!" He screamed as he climbed onto the shelves. I felt Mr Redlow grab a hold of my shirt to take me down, but then out of no where. The shelf he was standing on broke and he tumbled down. I heard a defeaning crack as he landed on the floor. I looked down from my spot on the bookcase and saw how nastly Mr Redlow's leg had been bent. Uh oh..... daddy won't like this, when he finds out about it.

Published: 18th of September 2023