Chapter 4: New Employee

Justin was on his way to his locker when Brian stopped him for a chat

Justin was on his way to his locker when Brian stopped him for a chat. He obviously needed help on a test in World History, so that's why he needed a tutor.

"Justin, way to score on the World History exam." said Brian, talking to him.

"Oh, thanks, Brian. You know, this might sound kind of lame, but I didn't think you knew my name." said Justin.

"Oh, I didn't. You left your sweater in class. It has your name in it." He gives him the sweater.

Justin goes over to his locker and puts his stuff in the locker.

"Look, I didn't do so well on this test. I just got one right: My name. Look, I was wondering if you could help me out. You know, tutor me."

"I don't know, I'm kind of busy," said Justin, closing his locker door.

"I'll give you two tickets to the Tears of Blood concert."

"T.O.B? Their new tour is awesome. You got a deal." He said, excitedly. "Come by the Sub Station after school."

"Awesome. Oh, if any of my friends ask you, I was all over you for talking to my girlfriend."

"And if any of my friends ask you, your girlfriend actually talked to me."

I walked down the stairs with Harper and Alex. Knowing Harper, she's gonna be talking about the 'Gurt Barn. I don't know if she's planning to work there or not.

"Oh, my gosh, did you hear? The 'Gurt Barn's handing out free frozen yogurt samples." said Harper, so excitedly.

"Oh, how do you know that?" said Alex, curiously.

"On her cell. She got a 'Gurt alert." I said, answering her.

"Well, you're gonna have to try it without me. I have to work."

"You always have to work."

A boy with a beanie walks past us.

"A beanie?" said Alex.

What's that? A hat?

Crazy, funky, junky hat

Overslept? Hair unsightly?
Trying to look like Keira Knightley?

We've been there, we've done that
We see right through your funky hat

"You were saying?" said Alex.

"It's just really hard to have a friend who's always busy," said Harper.

"I know. Why don't I get my parents to give you a job at the sandwich shop? We can hang out all the time and even get paid for it. Gina, you can also join us."

"Sure, Alex." I said, agreeing to it.

"Really? That'd be great. I've never had a job before. Well, except for the dollar Grandma gives me for rubbing lotion on her feet." said Harper.