Chapter 8: Curb Your Dragon

I was in the lair with Alex, Justin, Max, and Mr

I was in the lair with Alex, Justin, Max, and Mr. Russo. They had turned their dad into a goat. It wasn't great but at least, I sat in on the lesson.

"Okay, Alex, change me ba-ack." said Mr. Russo, talking to his daughter.

"Oh, but Daddy, you look so cute as a goat." said Alex.

"Let's make him eat a tin can!" said Max.

"Not funny, Ma-ax. Alex, change by me ba-ack!" said Mr. Russo.

"Okay, okay. Huminoza Espinoza." Alex changed him back.

Mr. Russo got back up. "Ohh."

"We really got your goat, huh, Dad?" said Justin, jokingly.

"Got your goat." We all laughed together.

"That's it. You just laughed your way into one hour of study hall, starting now. Let's go." said Mr. Russo, sternly.

"But we didn't even..." said Alex. They made their way over to their seats and sat down.

"And that means working on your wizard homework and not messing around." He passes out the homework to them as he begins to laugh. "Who's laughing now, huh?" He leaves the lair. He sounded like a goat.

"There's something wrong with that spell. Or maybe it's me." Alex thinks to herself. "No, it's gotta be the spell. Heh." She gets on the wizard computer and types something on it.

"What are you doing on the wizard computer?" said Max, asking her.

"Yeah, we're supposed to be doing our homework, not surfing the World Wide Wiz Web," said Justin.

"I have to do a little shopping," said Alex.

"She likes to look good when she's doing her homework." I said, pointing it out to him.

She looks up Witch McCann's and looks at the website. "Oh, this place has the best no-trip high heels. No matter how high the heels are, it's impossible to twist your ankle. I have to try some on." She clicks on it.

The computer dings and a lady pops up in the lair with the shoes.

The boys didn't know what to say to her. Alex should've been focused on the wizard homework instead of shoes. She doesn't have to look good to do homework.

"Mm. They were cuter on the screen." said Alex, clicking out of it as the lady disappeared with the shoes. "Oh, look, here's something for Justin." She clicks on it and it appears in the lair.

"Check it out. Mini-dragons for sale." I said, looking at the stand.

Justin gets up out of his seat and begins to leave. "Okay, now I'm getting out of here because I don't want to get involved—" He then noticed the dog. "Oh, that is the cutest little dog I've ever seen! Hey, boy!"