Chapter 9: Movies

Alex and most of the Russo family are seen leaving a movie theater and entering the sub shop

Alex and most of the Russo family are seen leaving a movie theater and entering the sub shop. Alex told me that she wasn't into kiddy movies and I knew she didn't like the Russo family fun nights. I was at home, watching another mystery movie.

"Oh, that was a great movie," said Mr. Russo.

"Oh, yeah." said Mrs. Russo, agreeing with him.

"Hey, come on, guys. One more time."

"Okay." They started singing a song from the movie.

Icevarks,

We think you're nice varks

So sing it twice morks

Icevarks

That's bunk

"Oh, now, that is what I call entertainment. That had to be one of the best movies ever made about hockey-playing aardvarks." said Mr. Russo, walking over to the counter. "It's too bad Justin wasn't here. He would have loved the Russo Family Fun Night."

"You know, I never thought I'd admit this, but I'm actually jealous of Justin right now." said Alex, truthfully.

"What? I thought you loved Family Fun Night." said Mrs. Russo.

"I used to, but I'm 14 now. I think I'm getting a little too old for talking animal movies."

"Oh, I get it. It's a confusing time." said Mr. Russo, talking to his daughter. "On one hand, you're not a little girl anymore, and yet at the same time, you're not yet a woman, so... Awkward. Theresa?"

"I think what your father is trying to say is that no matter how old you get, honey, you're never too old to spend time with your family." said Mrs. Russo, explaining it to her.

"Exactly. Just look at your mother."

Mrs. Russo makes a mad face.

"Did you just call Mom old?" said Alex, asking him.

"What? No. What just happened? It— Who wants to sing another song?" said Mr. Russo, denying it as he tried to change the subject.

"I'm not getting involved." said Max, pointing it out to him.

"Jerry, may I have a word with you in the kitchen?" said Mrs. Russo.

"Ahem. Yes." said Mr. Russo, following her to the kitchen.

Justin enters the sub shop with a happy look on his face. "Hey, I'm home. Did you guys miss me?"