Chapter 5: Disenchanted Evening

Mr

Mr. and Mrs. Russo got done fixing their kids lunch while they came downstairs for it. I was outside the sub shop, waiting for Alex to show up. I figured that I would keep her company while Harper was out of town with our parents. I didn't even want to know what they were up to, but I still needed to keep a close eye on Alex.

"Okay. Whole wheat, no crust, $5.00 in a bag." said Mrs. Russo, talking to them as they got their lunch bags from her.

"Yeah." said Alex.

"Oh. You might wanna put a jacket on because it's very chilly outside."

"Fine. Stop all the racket, I'll wear a jacket." Alex's jacket appears on her due to the spell.

"Hey." said Mr. Russo, very sternly.

"Hey." said Alex.

"No, not, "Hey." I meant, hey. And when your mom said to put on a jacket, she meant go get one, not pop one on." He said, walking over to her.

"What's the big deal? It's just a jacket."

"The big deal today it's just a jacket. How long is it gonna be before you're popping a calculator into your math test?" said Mrs. Russo.

"First it's cheating on math, then it's cheating on everything. Then this happens, then that happens. Then you're in jail." said Mr. Russo, lecturing her.

"This happens and that happens? I just didn't wanna walk upstairs..." said Alex.

"Well, walk upstairs, take that jacket off, then come back down and put it back on."

"Anything to keep me out of jail." She gives her lunch bag to her dad and goes upstairs.

"Hey, Maxy. What's in the box?" said Mrs. Russo, curiously.

"Oh, it's my Mars diorama for school." said Max, answering her.

"Where's the Mars part? It's just a bunch of beach sand."

"Well, it's a pretty barren planet."

"What's "barren" mean?" said Justin, asking him.

"Sandy?" He said, being confused.

"We'll discuss this later. You need to work harder, young man." said Mrs. Russo, scolding him.

"Come on. Let's get your sandbox to school before a cat finds it." said Justin, holding the box as he and Max went to school, greeting me on the way.