Chapter 4: Teenager Padmavati

Story Unfolds :

"Are bawari, ruk toh!! Kahan chali!! (You crazy girl. Stop at once. Where are you going?!!)"

A woman of 30 was seen running out of her small Hut. She was chasing a 12 yrs old girl who ran before her. Let us introduce them to you. They were the mother-daughter duo. Padmavati and her dear mother Ruchira.

    Devi Ruchira (Mother of Padma)

"Sun toh!! (Listen to me!!)" She was now calling her daughter from behind who was not eating her breakfast and hurrying to meet her friend Anusuya. As it was the auspicious day of Devi Anusuya's wedding.

"Mujhe nahin khana, Mate!! Main toh Anu ke ghar kha lungi!!! (I don't want to eat anything, mother. I will eat it at Anu's home.)" She was running before her mother merrily. To avoid her if course.

"Ruk ja. (Stop at once.)" Her mother at last grabbed her left hand and pulled her to seat on the floor.

She made a crying face. She was dying to see her Sakhi as a Bride!! And what her mother was doing!! Forcing her to eat!! Unnecessarily!! 

"Kha. Phir ja. (Eat. Then go.)" Her dear mother mixed curry with rice and she then lifted her right hand exactly to the mouth level of Padma.

Padma made another cute face but she had to open her mouth agape. But she did not chew it. She kept it on her mouth.

Her mother nodged her on ribs. With a galp she swallowed the food and made another crying face. Her mother always knew how to make her eat!!!

Her mother, Devi Ruchira, smiled at her innocence. This girl!! Never ever grew up!! Her dear Priyo Sakhi (best friend) is getting married and she had not changed a bit!!

She wiped her face hurriedly and told her mother "Ab jau?!! (Now can I go?)"

Her mother pulled her earlobe and forced her to eat entire breakfast. She chewed them with great hurry but did not dare to confront her mother. She knew her mother would never permit her to go before completing the food.

Then she hopped Merrily. Her mother pressed her lips together and smiled brightly. She was overjoyed. Her baby girl was her life!!!
.......................

 Her baby girl was her life!!!