4

Hashim's POV
I had to be lying if I said I didn't know her from before. I mean it's Maha, not the Maha you know now. You all heard her say that she isn't really interested in getting all the attention and stuffs. But before the pandemic she was a crazy extroverted person I had ever seen in my life.

"Hashim homeroom teacher is calling you in her office."

I head down to the office and found someone screaming and talking back to Mrs Shakila. Now obviously if I was her I would have talked back too but not scream. Mrs Shakila is just the most rudest ever. She never gives chances to bad students and especially students she doesn't like. She has failed a lot of people from my class just because she found them annoying.

"Excuse me mam did you call me?"

"Oh Hashim yes I did come in and sit down."

"Yes mam."

"And you sit and write the apology letter."

She sat down beside me and started writing the letter. Her white scarf was as bright as snow, she had a little pink on her cheeks and I could see a frown on her face.

"Hashim did you ask your parents about the tournament."

"Yes mam I did they have already signed the paper."

"That's great. Are you done there Maha?"

"Yes just now finished."

"Why did you even bother taking the blame?"

"Aunty that's enough."

She looks at me in shock and goes out of the door. Aunty???? Mrs Shakila is her aunt? Woah that's news.

"Don't mind her. She has always been short tempered."

"Hahaha I see."

"Took the blame for another girl in her class. I don't get her at times."

That was the first time I saw her. After that a series of coincidences happened but I know for sure she doesn't even remember me. I was pretty chubby (fat) before pandemic. Mashallah I got thin after the pandemic and started getting all the confidence I should have before the pandemic.

"Stop staring at her. You will burn her face."

"I can't talk to her so let me look at her at least."

"Why can't you just go and ask her out?"

"Bruh that's not how this works."

"You are telling me this? Seriously?"

"Yeah I forgot that you are already dating a girl."

"Yes I'm and the most crazy thing is that my girlfriend is a close friend of Maha."

"Really?"

"Yep. That is why I'm telling even if u do confess she isn't gonna be your girlfriend."

"What? You didn't say that."

"I didn't? But now I did."

I sigh out deeply and becomes depressed. And the next whole week went by like this. Me looking at her all the time when I was free.

"Excuse me do you know where is Rahul?"

I turn around to see who was behind me and fell down in shock.

"Are you okay?"

"Yea...h I'm good."

"Alright."

We just stared at each other without saying anything and finally she broke the silence.