7

Hashim's POV
"What was I expecting?"

"Huh did you say anything?"

"Nope nothing at all."

Earlier 30mins ago
I came out to have dinner with Maha. She must have forgetting that we don't have school today. It's a holiday from the ministry. Hoping to have a good day with her turned to be a disaster.

"Hashim."

She waved at me and foolishly I also, but my expression changes when I notice Zaynab, Rahul and her cousin Mumtaz beside her.

"Sorry were we late?"

"No I came just now."

"Let's head in then. It's my treat everyone so eat whatever you want."

I look at her go inside the restaurant with her cousin when a hand wraps around my shoulder.

"Did you think it was gonna be you both only?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Wanted to see your reaction."

Rahul did call me yesterday and told me tomorrow will be a great day. I thought he was just being weird as usual but didn't know that he will be having dinner with me too.

"Sorry Hashim, she was gonna come here alone but Mumtaz said he wanted to go too and so she asked me to tag along."

"Mumtaz? He likes her right?"

"Likes? He literally confessed and got rejected two years ago."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Since then he told her he was joking and wants them to go back to their old self. And you know Maha she is a kind girl."

Back to reality
Mumtaz holds onto Maha's chair at the back which is making them look closer to each other. I stare at him and as if he noticed he moves more closer.

"Hashim how is your mom now days?"

"Ah she is feeling better."

"But that day during pool game when you ran out I heard she was feeling horrible."

"Yeah doctor said she was but after the surgery two days ago she got better."

"Mashallah that's good to hear."

Maha looks at me in shock and without saying anything I could understand why she had made that expression. I look at the time and go out for fresh air.

"I'll get some air."

"Ok buddy."

Not long after I was out I hear footsteps getting closer and closer to me.

"What is it Miss not so strong?"

"I told you not to call me that."

"I know. Should I start calling you Princess than?"

I can see her blushing hard but instead of saying anything I just smile at her.

"D-don't call me that too."

"But I wanna call you Princess now."

"Don't."

"I want to."

"I said not to."

"What will you do if I don't stop calling you Princess?"

"I-I will not talk to you anymore."

I move closer to her and smile again at the expression she is making. She wouldn't know for sure how hard it is for me to hold myself when she keeps making that expression.