Chapter 11

"Took you long enough."

The moment I heard his deep and thoroughly sarcastic voice through the phone, my mind went blank.

"Uh, sorry. I was, um...peeing?" The words came out slow and my voice wavered as I realized what my brain thought would be an appropriate thing to say at this moment in time.

Thanks, brain. You're a real wing man.

Time stood still as I waited for his response. Then, just when I thought I might literally pee myself from embarrassment, I heard a low chuckle resonate in my ear.

"I'm not sure if you'll ever learn to control what comes out of that mouth of yours when you're nervous," he said mockingly.

"Who says I'm nervous?" I challenged. I heard him breath heavily into the phone before answering.

"Let's just say I have a knack for reading people."

My brows shot up in defense. "So you're saying I'm easy to read?"

"No, actually. Only when your trying to cover up for something or you're nervous. Then you're like an open book." I could almost hear the smile in his voice as he said that last part.

"I take offence to that!" A light laugh came from my mouth as I couldn't help but tease him slightly.

"Don't worry," I could sense his surrender on the brink. "Besides those two things, you're about as difficult to read as the bible in all of it's originality."

My lips quirked up into a smirk." Good."

"Good? It's most definitely not good, Ms. Merrick. You're about as frustrating as women get." He muttered begrudgingly.  Now my smile had grown into a full blow grin at his words.

"And for that, you are eternally welcome, Mr. McCoy. Now, you shouldn't have many more problems with that 'Oh so, lovely' girlfriend of yours." Once again my sarcastic side had taken over. I finally started to relax and laid down on my bed; my stomach flush with my maroon colored comforter.

He sighed on the other end of the phone." Listen, about Silvia-"

"Nope!" I cut him off. "There will be no talk of girlfriends or anything relating to anything that happened last week in this conversation, Capish?"

"No. Silvia and I-"

"I swear I will hang up on you if you finish that sentence." I threatened.

 Honestly, hearing about anything to do with him and his girlfriend will just bring my mood down to 'bitch' and we would't get anywhere in our conversation. 

"Now, what was is that you wanted to call me about? By the way, you've got 7 minutes left."

"What? That's not fair. We weren't even talking about anything important!" he tried to reason.

"Tick, tock, Mr. McCoy."

He groaned deep within his throat."Fine. God, you're stubborn."

 I let out a short, breathy laugh. "It's all part of my charm."

"Don't I know it." I heard him mumble softly on the other side of the phone. Deciding he probably didn't expect me to hear that last part I simply waited in silence for him to continue.

"Okay, so the the deal." He finally continued. "I'll tell you what I have in mind for it but you have to let me get through the whole thing before you say no, okay?"

"Okay, yeah, sure." I quickly agreed. I was so beyond anxious to find out what this deal exactly entails that I would agree to run around the school naked at this point just to find out.