Larissa Weems - Priorities..{2}

**TIME SKIP**

Silence. Silence. Silence. You've been sitting in the deserted garden space for hours now. Except for a few students who came here to make out, you always had the entire area to yourself. This always helped you to calm down, or just to compose a clear thought.

Normally.

At that moment there was just silence. Your head was empty. It felt like a noise that pixelated and blurred every thought, every emotion. It was a terrible state to be in.

You could hear someone walking toward you with slow yet determined steps. Then the footsteps stopped a few feet behind you. For a moment, the roaring that was numbed you, stopped. It was waiting for a conversation; at least for the beginning of an exchange of words. But no words were exchanged.

The silence filled your head again. You didn't even bother trying to suppress it. "Please don't ignore me, Y/n." Her voice broke through the silence, drowning out the noise and emptiness.

"I'm not ignoring you. You just hadn't said anything or made any gestures by now that I thought would have required my part of a reaction." You answered monotonously. She sighed. "I hate when you talk like that."

You didn't answer. Larissa knew that you were expressing with such unnecessarily lengthened sentences and unnecessarily inserted superfluous words in said sentences what you couldn't say with emotions.

You just couldn't say "I'm angry that you acted like this" or "It makes me sad when you say this and that". No, you couldn't. Another deep sigh from Larissa.

"I... think you overreacted."

The sentence hit you in the face. "Of course you think so." "Y/n leave it." Her voice got harder and sounded more annoyed. "You completely freaked me on earlier because I postponed a date. Are you really trying to tell me you didn't overreact?"

You didn't turn around. No; looking at her face now would trigger something in you that wasn't supposed to be triggered. "You just weren't really listening to me earlier, were you ? What am I even asking, of course you weren't listening." Your voice was surprisingly calm.

"Y/n you knew from the start that I was a principal. Don't pretend I made a secret of this and make me feel guilty." She didn't understand. She just didn't get it.

,,It is not about that. It was never about you being the principal. It's about how you set your priorities. Do you think I have no responsibilities? Do you think I just sit and twiddle my thumbs all day?" You didnt give her time to react, "No, no I don't. And despite my commitments, I always make time to spend with you."

Silence.

She did not say anything. But maybe it was better that way anyway. Nothing she could have said now would not have made you angry. Why was she like this? Why couldn't she just admit her mistakes? Why...?

"You're not acting like a clear-thinking adult. It's like I'm talking to a shitty toddler. That's fucking exhausting!" You screamed.

Silence again.

You could practically see her outraged face in your mind's eye. "And I..." You continued with your sentence, ,,...want to have a grown-up relationship." You both knew what you meant by that.

"Y/n you don't mean that seriously." She knew you meant it. As serious as ever. She knew that.

You didn't answer. There was nothing more to say. You got up and walked past her without even looking at her. "Y/n!" She said when you had walked a few meters.

Hope rose in you for a moment. "You can get your stuff from my room tonight." Hope died as quickly as it came. It died, like a neglected flower. It died out like a fire that ran out of fuel. Your hope, faded like a star in the morning sky when it was outshone by the rising sun.

You kept walking. Further away from her. Further away from that stupid school. Further away from everything you were familiar with. Because it seemed like what was so familiar and otherwise so dear to you wasn't what was supposed to make you happy.

It seemed like none of this was ever your destiny.

So you went further away. But everything here was familiar to you. Every path, every tree, every person who came towards you and first gave you a friendly wave, but then gave you a wide berth when you saw your facial expression.

Shit.

Everything seemed so damn hopeless. you were damned. Doomed to be lonely. Condemned to never finding that or rather the one that would make you happy. It was apparently your destiny to have one-sided relationships forever. It was your destiny that no one would ever see you as their first priority.

♡♡♡

A little bit of heartbreaking to start the day:,)