Surrender

Note: Thank you so much @thedr3amerxo for this request! I may end up changing the name of the captain (finding good last names for characters is hard) but we'll see. 

L/N = Last name

Warnings: Swearing

You wake up to the sound of Hunter knocking on your door.

"What?" You respond, the tone of your voice clearly annoyed.

"Come eat some rations. We're going on a mission soon."

"Against the Empire?"

Hunter sighs. "Yes."

"Have my attempts to run away from all of you not sent a clear enough message? I want to fight with the Empire... with Dad! Not against them."

"We aren't fighting the squadron that Crosshair is in."

"I don't care!"

"What if I told you that we're fighting Silas Kaldor."

You hesitate for a moment. "I'm listening."

"Just... get ready, please."

"I will, I will."

~

     All of your clothes are in you backpack because you've been trying to run away from the squad. You search through your backpack and find some suitable clothes for your mission. You get your sniper rifle and attach it to your holster on your back. You use the exact same rifle as your father, except you've decorated yours with stickers in various places. You open the door of your room and go to the bathroom. You splash some water on your face and look in the mirror. You brush your silver hair out of your face. You look so much like your father that the squad jokes if they cut your hair, they couldn't even tell the difference. You face shape is very long and angular like his. You're also quite tall like he is. You aren't sure if you have very many of your mother's features. How could you? It's not like your father has told you anything about her. You leave the bathroom and walk into the main area of the Marauder.

"Hi, Y/N! Did you sleep well?" Omega asks.

"Yeah. I slept fine." 

You feel a little guilty about the annoyed tone of your voice, but you also don't want to be here. 

"Here." Wrecker says, giving you some rations.

You take them and go eat in one of the corners. Hunter looks like he wants to talk to you but Echo stops him. You can hear them whispering, and you know it's about you. Everyone is pretty quiet, and while you don't mind the quiet, it's a bit awkward.

"What even is the mission we're going on?" You ask, trying to break the silence.

"We're picking up some sort of war chest from an Imperial base." Echo states.

You look up at him. "I thought you were trying to run away from the Empire."

"Do you want a chance to fight that captain you hate or not?"

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry." You apologize, not really meaning it.

Before Echo can call your bluff, Tech states, "We are almost there."

"Remember everyone," Hunter begins. "Set your blasters to stun."

~

     You watch as everyone in the squad puts on their helmets. You've never had a helmet, and you don't think you'd really use one. Besides, your goal is to be an Imperial officer, and they don't wear helmets. You have some armor to protect you, but only things like shoulder, leg, and chest plates. Since you're a sniper, you're usually far enough away for most blaster shots not to hit you. You're the last one to leave the ship. 

"This is a stealth mission, alright, everyone?" Hunter says softly, glancing over at Wrecker.

"With you all? This mission won't be stealthy for long at all." You comment.

You hear the beeping of Tech's datapad. He points to a large amount of recent shipments in the cargo area. 

"That is where the war chest is located." He says.

"Alright. Let's head that way." Hunter responds.

You're right next to Hunter as you walk over to the cargo depot.

"Are you sure Kaldor will be here?" You ask.

Hunter lowers his voice. "Well, someone will notice us and tell him."

You laugh. "I told you we can't be stealthy."

~

You approach the cargo area. Not surprisingly, some Imperial troopers run up to you.

"You're... Clone Force 99." One of them says, turning around. "Tell the captain!"

"Should I get to a higher place?" You ask Hunter quietly.

He shakes his head. "Not yet. We're surrounded."

"Yeah. No shit."

You see Captain Silas Kaldor approaching all of you. You notice the familiar sound of his tall boots against the ground. 

"I knew I should've gotten to higher ground." You say with frustration.

The captain's jade green eyes look at all of you. He smirks and holds up a fist.

"Stand down." His deep voice says to the guards.

Captain Kaldor is wearing what he normally wears: An all black outfit with a long overcoat, tall boots, and typical Imperial clothes. The only color on his outfit is the Imperial captain insignia. His complexion is a bit darker than yours. He has jet black hair that is cut fairly short because of the rules of the Imperial military.

He makes eye contact with you specifically. "How sweet. The whole family is together. Oh wait... your father isn't here."

You grit your teeth. He knows exactly what to say to bother you. "Take me to my father."

"Y/N, no." Hunter says sternly.

Captain Kaldor laughs. "Even if I wanted to take you to your father, it's not like he'd want you. You're a mistake.

"That's not true!" Omega yells.

Kaldor looks over to her. "Trying to stand up for her, huh? There's a lot you don't know about her."

"Take me as a prisoner." You say.

"That would be too easy." Kaldor says, taking out his blaster.

~

"Now can I go to higher ground?" You ask Hunter. 

"Yes, now go!" 

You spot a fairly tall pile of boulders close by. It's not too far, but it's enough to get you the range to knock out some of the Imperial guards around Captain Kaldor. You feel stressed. You don't want Kaldor, your enemy, to get away. You notice that you chest begins to feel tight, and you cough while you run to the boulders. 

Kriff... Not now. You think.

Tech was able to make you something to help with your asthma, but you forgot it on the ship when you left. You slow down as you climb up the boulders and it improves slightly when you stop for a moment to position yourself to get a good shot. You look through the scope of your rifle and see a guard on the left of Kaldor. You make the shot and it hits the guard very precisely, knocking him unconscious. Hunter is engaging in hand-to-hand combat and looks like he's struggling a little. You careful aim and shoot the guard fighting him.

"Thanks." He says over his comm.

"Don't thank me."

With the combined power of all of you, you're able to defeat Captain Kaldor's squadron. You carefully climb down the boulders and walk over to the squad. 

Kaldor scoffs as he looks at his unconscious soldiers. "Useless."

He points his blaster at you. "I'd leave if I were you. This thing doesn't have a stun setting."

"I won't surrender to y-" You begin.

"Y/N." Echo says.

You glare at Captain Kaldor as you finally begin to retreat along with the rest of the squad. 

"This won't be the last time we meet." You say.

"I'm well aware. Next time, I won't be so nice, L/N."