Chapter XIII.

I am a person too, and thus
I need a friend
__________________________________

  Just one sentence... One sentence that made Dazai Osamu's whole perspective on the Tournament, where he came in seeking of death, change in blink of an eye.

  Agatha Christie, tall blonde girl; his other opponent and her quote to both him and Fyodor.

  After the two boys have finished the Second Task on the exact same time, dragging their treasured ones out of the freezing water and throwing murderous glares at one another, she, the winner of said Task, stepped closer to them.
  Even the blonde was wrapped in two towels, blanket and shivering from the chilling breeze, her gaze was serious and still. That was enough to impress Dazai as is, but then she spoke up to them:

  “I don't care if it is all just your intention or not, but I'm sick of your antics.”
  Agatha hissed at them with noticable British accent, yet wearing the badge representing the American school; the school that was now thanks to her in a winning position, few points ahead of Fyodor who scored the highest in the previous Task.

  “Look, I want to win because I deserve it, not because you two are busy pulling the rug only under each other's feet and forgetting that are three champions to complete.”
  Dazai's jaw nearly dropped and Fyodor also seemed stunned by her comment, despite his emotionless expression. Chuuya and Nikolai, who were just beside them, also wrapped in multiple layers of cloth and drenched inside out and cussing left and right just few seconds ago, were now also speechless and switching from glancing between the three champions and exchanging taken aback looks with one another.

  The girl scanned them with her eyes full of judgement and high expectations. She scrunched her nose.
  “There is only one last Task to go, so make sure to put up a real fight that time.”

  And with that, she turned away and vanished amongst the crowd, leaving them in the dust.

  The silence between the four was suffocating and no one wanted to speak first, so they just sat there without saying anything much, except Nikolai's occasional "Well..." or "Huh...", just overlapping one sigh or grunt after another.
  Between the dark moment came Atsushi and Sigma, showering them in concerned question and bringing them out of their own running minds.

  Ranpo and Poe also came to the scene in the similar time; the ravenette quickly and effortlessly deduced the matter, the brunet doing the same, looking down with a disappointed humm at Agatha's approach.
  That moment didn't last too long for Poe as the cold and still wet hand of the blonde grabbed his arm and dragged him away from Ranpo, who looked shocked, shifting into angered.

  “Hey!” Ranpo shouted behind her, but the girl didn't say a word or even bother turning around to face him.

  “Sorry- I promise I will try and catch up to you later!” Poe apologized quickly before he was too far out of earshot.

  “Don't apologize...” the ravenette muttered.
  Ranpo then came to accept his faith of being separated from his buddy and gave him a brief wave of goodbye before joining in interrogating Dazai and Fyodor while trying to stop Chuuya from screaming his vocals out when he began to shout slurs at the mackerel for involving him in "his damn business" and ruining his gloves - the brunet only being lucky that his precious hat wasn't drenched as well -.

  Poe meanwhile managed to make Agatha release the grip on his arm - not to soak his coat - as they came back to the group of their classmates.
  “Was that theatric really necessary?” he sighed, keeping his voice down so only Agatha could properly hear.